Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mor[m]ons At The Door, Again

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Eh, I like reading the JaWa's stuff, their pamphlets are freaking hilarious. I usually get a good chuckle out of them everytime I pass my refrigerator door. My favorite was the one with the picture of the utopic paradise, with happy shiny people picking vegetables in the foreground, some wierd Ice Age mammals lumbering around in the background near some dudes building what looked to be a cult compound a la the Davidians, and two little kids standing near a stream next to a mountain lion (WTF?!). The title? DELIVERANCE AT HAND!

And the location of their apocalyptic conference? The Budweiser events center. Oh, the irony.

Though I must say that White Coyote's beer baptism escapade was absolutely priceless and cannot be topped. You should repost the story on this forum, WC. Then Ungodly could make it a sticky entitled "Practical Suggestions for Ridding your Property of Religious Pest Infestations," so others could benefit from your sage wisdom. :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I don't know how much of a "paradise" it could be if people still have to grow and pick beggies. I thought paradise would be free of drudgery. Maybe some people actually enjoy such work, but to me it's just work, and work is a four-letter word.

Actually, I was supposed to do some work moving furniture today, but there were too many people for the job, and I figured the other fellow needed the money more than me. C'est la vie!

kellbing

kellbing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I've actually only had one visit from the mor(m)ons since I moved in here a little over a year ago. They said they wanted to tell me about jesus, and I said we weren't interested. They said "thank you" or something to that effect and left. If there have been any other thumpers stopping by, it has been while I wasn't home.

At my previous home, I had a "no bible thumpers" sticker on my front door. It was a picture of a man and woman who were obvious thumpers, with the circle and line over them. I guess I didn't put it high enough to be seen by the average person, because they didn't even seem to notice. I would love to put one on my current front door, but my mom lives with us, and she is a believer. Nothing like a thumper at all, just someone who believes but doesn't go to church or talk about religion. Out of respect for her, I have refrained from the blunt Atheistic displays. However, I do have my wonderful bumper stickers on my car. Apparently they are too subtle for most people to understand, but at least I know what they mean. I figure if you are too stupid to understand them, they weren't meant for you anyway.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I haven't had any thumpers at my door in quite some time. I wonder why? I do keep the garden hose cocked and loaded just in case. I'd hate to miss a baptism if I got the chance! :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I imagine that by now the word's gotten around - "Stay away from that cantakerous SOB with the hose and beer!"  :Happy:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I had two bicycle boys stop by my shop yesterday. They asked me if I knew Jesus Christ, and I told them, "I just got done giving him a haircut and a shave, he was a lousy tipper and the next time he comes in I'll make sure and nick him!" That was just before I got up and chased their asses off!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Here is a URL you can use when that comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users