Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oh, yeah!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I keep forgettin' to come over here and fellowship with y'all, so I think I'll list this in the "other atheist sites" thread at EA, so I can remember it. Just like God put a rainbow in the sky to remind him of his covenant with humans, since he's apparently been smokin' so much dope he loses track of things real easily. I know that's what I'd be doin' if I was God!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I saw that you did that. Thanks!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I just put something in the sky that reminds me I need toilet paper. (Better light a match) does that make me a God too?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts

I just put something in the sky that reminds me I need toilet paper. (Better light a match) does that make me a God too?

Cows do that, Hindus consider cows very special sacred creatures, so I guess that does make you a God.

Maybe we should get Mel Gibson to make a biopic of The White Coyote.

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
By the way, has anyone noticed EA is off line right after I kicked out the trolls? I hope it is a coincidence and not a DNS attack.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
[quote name='"Dax"]By the way' date=' has anyone noticed EA is off line right after I kicked out the trolls? I hope it is a coincidence and not a DNS attack.[/quote']

I noticed that too, and I wondered the same thing. But that server is frequently unavailable in my experience.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Hey all! I made it! Yep...still down, and that was my first thought. I don't think exercising the rights of a moderator qualify as any sort of Terms Of Service violation. As far as any technological shenanigans being perpetrated by an angry troll...could they even do that?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
[quote name='"FlatEarth1024"]Hey all! I made it! Yep...still down' date=' and that was my first thought. I don't think exercising the rights of a moderator qualify as any sort of Terms Of Service violation. As far as any technological shenanigans being perpetrated by an angry troll...could they even do that?[/quote']
Oh yes. I had an angry troll working a Denial of Service (DoS) attack against this server for 15 days last October until I developed a script to autoban IP addresses based on certain behaviors.

But I suspect this is more likely to be a server reliability issue, or maybe an action on the part of EA.

And by the way, Welcome!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
So does anyone think EA may have gotten home, saw the fiasco and said fuqit and pulled the plug? I remember he wasn't a very happy camper last time he got back from one of his boondoggles so I am a bit concerned. I mean it's his baby and all but at least I would think he'd give us some warning to get everyone on board over here.

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Well, I just gotten rid of the trolls and immediately people started to discuss more interesting things, like ethics, so it would be strange for EA to pull the plug right at that moment. Does he want a troll-overrun board or not?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Balaam's ass couldn't drag me away from the Ethical Atheist forum, I'm the last founding member left, and I'll be the last to abandon the board. I think we'll have enough new posters there so that I won't get lonely, but I've got plenty of other forums to surf if it gets sparse there for a while. I like this board a lot, it has a vitality that I think is lacking on many another forum. Oh, and Lady's here too, which is a major plus for the board!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I had an angry troll working a Denial of Service (DoS) attack against this server for 15 days last October until I developed a script to autoban IP addresses based on certain behaviors.

Ah, see, I only just now read this thread, so when I came across other references on the board to DOS attacks, I thought it was something simple, like I used to practice with my Microsoft disc operating system; turns out I'm way behind the times. DoS is apparently over my head (currently) so I'll just have to do a bit of reading, now, won't I?

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Both boards have their place on my favourites. I see this place as kinda mellow, while the old EA is more of a kick-ass kinda place.
:fi_lone_ranger:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users