Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No kids, no marriage?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
A story at Associated Content tells about a proposal made by a Gay Marriage group that would set strict guidelines on what a marriage is.  A novel approach, I think.

Spoiler

Associated Content.com

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I like this idea of having absurd and ridiculous items on the old ballot. I mean after all George Bush was on it, right? How ridiculous and absurd can you get?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I think they're trying to use a bit of reductio ad absurdam in the "save marriage" debate.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I think they're trying to use a bit of reductio ad absurdam in the "save marriage" debate.

Still, if the Fundies want to be absolutely dogmatic about the definition of a marriage, then I think about 5 million of them are going to need to get an annulment.  Is that done in a river?  Wash this man right out of my hair? Send him on downstream.

No, seriously, if marriage is going to be only for procreation, if procreation as a possibility is a requirement, they better put up by divorcing or shut up and acknowledge that marriage has never been just about procreation.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

If you go to CNN.com there is a video about this.  Yes, the fellow with the petition admits it is ridiculous.  They're trying to use the courts own phraseology against them.  If marriage is about procreation, then mandate procreation.

My only worry would be...stranger things have happened.  What if something like this passes?  What a mess.

***Ungodly posted while I was typing***
Exactly!  Put up or shut up.  We aren't allowed to marry because we CAN'T procreate?  Okay, then you aren't allowed to if you DON'T procreate. 

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Hmmmm? I wonder how this turd would flush for a couple of three timers like the wife and I. She had a hysterectomy just before we got married, and I had a vasectomy between my first and second marriage.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Hmmmm? I wonder how this turd would flush for a couple of three timers like the wife and I. She had a hysterectomy just before we got married, and I had a vasectomy between my first and second marriage.

Sir,

Have you no respect for the Sanctity of Marriage?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
No. Fuqem :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users