Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Christian Debate Techniques

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
[b]Christian Debate Techniques 101: How to reason with non-believers[b]

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
Yes, I've seen that mentality directed towards me from Christians.  Their sanctimonious stance is repulsive to me.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Yes, I've seen that mentality directed towards me from Christians.  Their sanctimonious stance is repulsive to me.

Yet, as they are being sanctimonious they are thinking of what they are doing as holy and just.

I prefer a bad guy that presents herself or himself as a bad guy, waving a gun, yelling "this is a stickup".  At least with these people you know where you stand, and that's on thin ice.

But the Holier Than Thou crowd not only wants to assault reasonable and sensible people with their superstitions, they gloat about doing it.

I'm with you, Storybook.

Of course, let's be fair, it's the Christians who get the TV coverage that are the worst.  Your Christian neighbor, or mine, is likely a fine person who has no idea they are promoting an anti-human death cult. 

The majority of people are quite nice. It's just that the jerks control the institutions.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

Yet, as they are being sanctimonious they are thinking of what they are doing as holy and just.

Exactly!

I prefer a bad guy that presents herself or himself as a bad guy, waving a gun, yelling "this is a stickup". 

[color=blue]Hold on!  I

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I don't have anything truly against Christians, or any other organized religion for that matter. I was raised to respect everyones beliefs, regardless of how silly or complicated they may be. BUT, I was also raised to never try and force my beliefs on someone else. That's where the christians totally turn me off. Well . . . that and communion. (Brrrrrrr!)

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
My main gripe is with the would-be theocrats, the ones who want to legislate their dogma, so that all of us had better at least pay lip-service to it. Everything would be censored, TV, movies, books & magazines, and other forms of speach. As far as Ned Flanders, the guy next door, as long as he keeps his dogma to himself, I have no problem. I do like to argue with fundies online, who invade atheist forums to spew their ignorance. But I don't go myself to Christian boards with the intention of spewing my lack of faith. But I'm the one with no marals!

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
That looks like another one of those lists of Christian clich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users