Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Christian pediatrician denies child service because parents are tattooed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
http://www.kget.com/...99-525e48365b08

BAKERSFIELD - A family is turned away by a local pediatrician, they say because of the way they look.
The doctor said he is just following his beliefs, creating a Christian atmosphere for his patients.

Visiting the sins of the parents on the child?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
That doctor is so narrow minded and dogmatic that I bet he goes right to heaven.

Just another reason that I'm glad I can be certain I'll never go to heaven.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, good thing he's not in the jungles of Borneo!

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
How is this possible!  It's an outrage.  It should be the family "firing" the doctor, not the other way around. 

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Sorry guys but being an independent businessman for many years now, I have to side with the idiot Doctor. I don't agree with his beliefs but he is a private business and has every right to refuse service to anyone he so desires. Yes he's stupid, yes he's delusional, but he is not a public conveyance and therefore he can close his door on anyone he wants to. Now if he were working in an emergency room or a public clinic he would be in the wrong, but in the privacy of his own office he has that right.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Sorry guys but being an independent businessman for many years now, I have to side with the idiot Doctor. I don't agree with his beliefs but he is a private business and has every right to refuse service to anyone he so desires.

I agree on this part.

Yes he's stupid, yes he's delusional, but he is not a public conveyance and therefore he can close his door on anyone he wants to. Now if he were working in an emergency room or a public clinic he would be in the wrong, but in the privacy of his own office he has that right.

I agree with this too.

The child's interests will be best served if she or he is treated by a Doctor that believes in reality.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
... and think about it. Would you really want your child to be treated by someone who believes in faith healing and magick? I'll stick to someone who understands the bio functions of the body and the real treatments medicine can provide. If this doctor actually believed in this hocus pocus, why would he be a doctor at all? Why not just "lay hands" on the kid, watch the miracle happen and walk away?

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I agree.  They deserve a better doctor than that quack motherfucker.  I would recommend they find an atheist Jewish physician.

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Another fine example of people blaming Christianity for their own prejudices.

The Bible, incidentally, criticizes the practice of "marking your body in memory of the dead" which is not a description of most tattoos. AFAIK it refers to ancient emo practice of cutting yourself to express grief.

It also does cuss people for wearing jewellery, and having their ears pierced, but only because they do so to parade their unethically gained wealth while others are starving.

which even include no chewing gum in his office

This I have more sympathy for... chewing gum is a bugger to get out of the carpet. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users