Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Blogs] Persecution of Atheists for Not Being Christian

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Persecution of Atheists for Not Being Christian Life for atheists who dare to reveal their atheism publicly, never mind argue against religion and theism, can be made quite difficult. The popular Christian perception of atheists as immoral,... http://atheism.about.../b/a/258782.htm

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Here's the thing.  The moment someone uses violence against you, for whatever reason, it is legally justifiable to use as much force against them as necessary until they are no longer a threat.

I've never been in any situation that could compare to what that writer went through, but I don't see this as any different from the behavior of certain Christians towards anyone who does not share their beliefs, including members of other Christian sects.  I honestly don't think it makes a difference whether the guy was an atheist, or a Jew, or a Muslim, or even a Catholic in Protestant country.  Fundamentalists will always lash out at those who are "different", regardless of what that specific difference is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users