Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[News] Lawsuit: School banned Jesus costume

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Lawsuit: School banned Jesus costumeA Christian legal group has sued a school district on behalf of a 10-year-old boy who claims his rights to religion and free speech were violated when he was not allowed to wear a Jesus costume during Halloween activities.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17270246/from/ET/

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
It seems to me that this kid should not have been prevented from wearing this costume.  After all, I bet a lot of other kids were dressed as fictional characters.

School systems are designed to suppress individuality and promote the formation of standardized consumers.

The school should not be promoting religion, sure, but the kids should be free to express their beliefs in non-confrontational ways.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
I'd really like to dress up as Mohammad for a Halloween.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Lots of kids dress up as angels for Halloween.  Seems like Jesus should have been allowed. He could have just used an old sheet and said he was a ghost. (of Jesus) 
After all here is the principal of the school.  :snork_lach:Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users