Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

There may be hope for the Anglican communion...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Let the homophobe misogynists schism off... it's more fun without 'em...  :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.u...yne/6389503.stm

===

Church screens Life of Brian film
The controversial Monty Python film Life of Brian is being screened in a church on Tyneside.

Some condemned the 1979 film as blasphemous, because of its story of a Jewish man who is worshipped as the Messiah and then crucified.

Now the Anglican St Thomas the Martyr church in Newcastle is due to screen the film on Friday as part of a project with the independent Tyneside Cinema.

The Reverend Jonathan Adams said he had the backing of his congregation.

Religious faith

When first released, some religious groups picketed cinemas which screened the film, claiming it poked fun at the story of Christ.

The Friday screening of the film at St Thomas the Martyr will feature an organ accompaniment and provision of song sheets.

Rev Adams said: "Jesus of Nazareth is not some sort of hot house plant that we need to protect from criticism and scrutiny.

"Actually I don't think the film does that. But it does poke fun at some of the stupidity and hypocrisies of people who profess religious faith.

"The Church is really in trouble if it does not pay attention to that sort of questioning."

The Monty Python team always insisted the film was intended as a spoof on Bible films and intolerance, rather than of Christianity.

===

The Friday screening of the film at St Thomas the Martyr will feature an organ accompaniment and provision of song sheets.

Now that, my friends, is the true spirit of Anglicanism!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
OK, so what if a man wants to have a baby?  Do the Anglicans support the right of a man to have a baby?

Or suppose a man wanted people to call him Loretta?

Not me, mind you, I'm perfectly happy as a garden variety queer, but just supposing, you know?

By the way, I think it is pretty cool they are showing that movie!

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
There are many gays in the Anglican communion. I'm sure of them have kids... I've met many "out" gay vicars.

For some time now the Anglican church has been a wishy washy lukewarmbed of tolerance and liberalism. Those panicking bigots joined the wrong church.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, if they want their church to justify their hatred, they should become Southern Baptists!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users