Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Escape from Trolls

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,829 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I've decided that I need to have a new strategy for dealing with trolls. Doing verbal combat with them accomplishes nothing except to play into their hands. Trolls want to start flame wars, so getting involved in a flame war with a troll is literally handing them the victory they desire.

So I think my response should be based on the answer to one question; Am I in a position to do anything about it?

In one case, a troll might invade a forum like this one where I have administrative access. In that case the solution is simple, POOF - no more troll.

In the other case a troll might invade a forum where I'm a member but not an administrator. This still leaves me the option of removing my presence, temporarily or permanently, until the infection has healed.

Not so much with the troll wars for me anymore.

Please feel free to copy and paste this message on any forums from which I might have removed myself.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I think you make a good point Steve. I often find myself playing into their hands and then I just get frustrated. I will try to be more diligent in my troll avoidance.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I don't think actual physical removal of one's self is necessary. Just ignore the troll. I try to do this...

Joe: Science, reality, lucidity.
Sally: Yes, science, reality, lucidity.
Joe: And also, science, reality, lucidity.
TROLL: JEEBUS IS COMING, AND BOY IS HE PISSED! WHAT DO YOU THNK ABOUT HEYZEUS'S TEACHINGS? WHAT ROMAN RECORDS?
Sally: Why yes Joe, science, reality, lucidity.
Joe: I totally agree Sally...especially about science, reality, lucidity.

See, mind over matter. If we don't mind the trolls, they will no longer matter. Easy. All you have to do is do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users