Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things that make you laugh

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, I bet that was very entertaining!  :Happy: :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
It was hilarious, but the best part was they had a "special" section for visitors (tourists) who were interested and for a small "Offering" they'd let you sit there and watch the fiasco. Jesus don't come cheap ya know!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Did they let you play with the cute little snakes? lol

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I know I'm just one of only a handful of South Park fans on this site, but last week's episode was something you just have to see:

http://allabout-sp.n...p=season11/1102

I think Prof. might appreciate this one, even though he doesn't follow the show.  They ripped on those Jesus Camps and satirized the ex-gay movement.  One thing's for sure.  God is most definitely bi-curious! :Happy:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
That was somewhat tragi-comic, as are most of the episodes, I guess. I think , if anything, they didn't go far enough toward the reality of the situation.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Well, I figured I should watch it since you're my accountabilibuddy.  And I was bi-curious about it.   They did get in a few good, um, licks on the ex-gay movement.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
You know, Ungodly, you're like a paper clip. And God wants to unbend you and shape you so you become straight. Now isn't that better?  :Tounge:

It was a great episode, but I don't think they were nearly vicious enough in their portrayal of people who cause little boys to hate themselves to the point of suicidal neuroses.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts

You know, Ungodly, you're like a paper clip. And God wants to unbend you and shape you so you become straight. Now isn't that better?  :Tounge:

I bet I'll come in handy the next time you have a CD in your drive and it won't eject!

I don't think they were nearly vicious enough in their portrayal of people who cause little boys to hate themselves to the point of suicidal neuroses.

I agree.  I've noticed this before in other episodes I've watched. They get right on the cusp of some seriously vicious satire, and then they let the victim escape.

As you may have noticed, when I ridicule religious stupidity I fire all of the torpedo tubes every time.  I may not be the best satirist, but my heart is in it.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I don't think they were nearly vicious enough in their portrayal of people who cause little boys to hate themselves to the point of suicidal neuroses.

I agree.  I've noticed this before in other episodes I've watched. They get right on the cusp of some seriously vicious satire, and then they let the victim escape.

As you may have noticed, when I ridicule religious stupidity I fire all of the torpedo tubes every time.  I may not be the best satirist, but my heart is in it.

Don't blame them.  That's as far as they can take it without the censors canning the entire episode.  The entire television industry now is like those fishing shows where they can't keep the fish anymore.  It's all catch-and-release now.  It's not worth getting yanked off the air and/or hauled into court.

Basically, it's okay to tell the joke, just not the punch line.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
Every year I seem to watch less and less TV.  I honestly can't recall the last time I watched a non-news program on an over-the-air network that originated in the USA.  Last night I watched a few minutes of Russia Today via my free to air satellite system.

We do record some very old british series on our DVR, such as The Avengers.  Oh, and the Food Network.  I like food.

I see Jesus gave up on France and moved to Florida.  Maybe that was because it is so much easier to buy guns in Florida.  You know that Jesus, always telling world leaders to invade a nearly unarmed country based on a pack of lies.  I wonder what caliber of handgun the old JC prefers?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I don't know, but I bet he likes to use a scope, so he can look at the "cross" hairs! lol

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Last night's South Park episode...

Just watch it and see for yourself!

http://allabout-sp.n...p=season11/1105

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I am confessing....I have never heard of South Park before.  I know what everybody must be thinking.... Please just keep it to yourself. Posted ImagePosted Image

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Southpark is a cool show, but I still prefer Bullwinkle and Rocky! Best cartoon ever made. A lot of variety, from the Poet's Corner to Fractured Fairy Tales!

Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my ass!

Oops, that was your ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users