Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Blogs] Myth: All Atheists are Anti-Christian, Hate Christianity, Oppose Christians

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Myth: All Atheists are Anti-Christian, Hate Christianity, Oppose Christians Although this is by no means true of all atheists or atheism itself, there is some validity behind this perception and it should be taken seriously. There is no ignoring... http://atheism.about.../b/a/258795.htm

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
At the same time, fundy Christians love to brag about how 70% of the US population is Christian, or how 2 billion people around the world identify themselves as Christian, or how the word of GAWD must be spread to nonbelievers at all costs...

Christianity is the most prevalent and in-your-face religion out there.  If these same so-called Christians can't deal with the resentment that comes as a consequence of this fact, they should learn to stop trying to tell people how to live their lives.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
There is indeed some validity to  several of these allegations for some subset of atheists.

For example, I'm an atheist and I hope I'm as Anti-Christian as I can possibly be. I do hate Christianity, a lot, quite a bit, completely.  There are few things I hate more than Christianity, and one of them is Our Glorious Christian Leader.

Of course it is important to distinguish between Christianity, the delusional belief system based on preposterous ancient fairy tales, and individual human beings who happen to suffer from a religious affliction.

I certainly wish no harm to 99.99% of the people who label themselves as Christian, but there are certain people on whom I do wish harm.  Of course we'll let karma do the dirty work, no need to persecute anyone - that's what religions do.

When a religious organization seeks to do me harm it tends to reduce my appreciation of that group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users