Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Day Hell Froze Over; A Story by The White Coyote

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
When I sold my old Barbershop and moved to my new location, very few of my customers followed. The distance was prohibitive and I left the old shop in capable hands. However one of my customers, also a friend and business associate did follow me. He is faithful about getting his haircut every three weeks. We have often traded haircuts for cell phones and handheld electronics. He is a good businessman and also a very devout Christian. He is not however, preachy or pushy but rather lives his life in a manner I would call very Christianlike. Generous to a fault, he has spent thousands of hours refurbishing wheelchairs for kids in war zones like Afghanistan and he takes them over at his own expense and distributes them. Brock is what I would picture a Christian to be and although our beliefs are quite in opposition we still remain friends.

Today while in the shop as I was cutting his hair, I joked with him that I hoped his wife liked his hair so short, as I had trimmed him closer than usual. He got a strange look on his face and I asked him what was wrong. He said "I am not married anymore." Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Here is a man, who was married to a gorgeous woman, a teacher, another "good Christian" and I had no idea their marriage was in trouble. I stopped dead in the middle of the cut and couldn't speak. I came around the front of the chair and asked him point blank. "What happened?" The answer hit me like a wrecking ball. "She found another man." Brock said.

To make a long story short. Apparently he was spending so much time rebuilding and shipping his wheelchairs that she went out and found someone else that paid more attention to her. I guess even the best dog will leave if you don't give her a pet once in awhile.

My point, if there is one, is that here is a case of Christianity gone wrong. A man spends so much of his life dedicating his time and energy to being a good christian, doing marvelous work for no return other than the good feeling it gave him, and trying to be a good quiet Christian and it comes up and kicks him right in the face. What a waste. What a shame and sad, sad day.

Where was God when everything was falling apart? Why didn't God step in and turn things around? Was Brocks good works more important to God then Brocks marriage?

He wasn't there. Because he doesn't exist. Not as Brock and his ex-wife saw him anyway. Christianity. The marriage destroyer. How ironic and sad.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
That is very sad. He sounds like a very nice guy, I'm sorry for him that his interest in doing good things ruined his marriage.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Yes, agree that was very sad..

But speaking of barbering, hairdos and other snippets, I found this somewhere

Posted Image

:icon_r&r:

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Best intensions once again lead down the road to

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Best intensions once again lead down the road to

I'm reminded of the time that we donated a perfectly lovely Mazda Miata sports car to a charity that feeds homeless people. It was run by a Catholic group, but I was willing to donate the car anyway because they were doing a good thing.

About a month later we started getting parking tickets summonses in the mail. Someone was parking the car illegally and this wonderful charity still had not filed the paperwork to reflect the transfer of ownership.

It seemed to be a case of  no good deed going unpunished.

I wrote to the DMV and the court involved, and I gave the charity a rather firm phone call, and it did finally get straightened out.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
That's a pretty sad story, Coyote. It's too bad she didn't let the guy know that his work was destroying their marriage, then went off and cheated. It's too bad the guy was totally oblivious to her needs. I don't feel comfortable blaming his charity work on his divorce, however. His obsession, yes. Communication's a two-way street, and both people are to blame here, I think.

But you're right, gawd never stepped in and helped the couple out, did he? After all those good deeds in his name...

My grandparents have been sleeping in seperate rooms for 20 years. My grandpa is a minister at his church, and also goes to the prison in Philadelphia three times a week to minister and bring food and books to the prisoners. He also runs the library at a little christian college. He never paid much attention to his wife or younger kids. He still constantly brings people over to their house, even when she protests, and she feels like she has to entertain them. He isn't a bad man in any way; he's just really spacey and driven for the church. But his zeal for church service caused his wife to drift away from him decades ago. All that drivel about "putting god first" is misinterpreted by many people and then they get obsessed to the detriment of their real lives. That's what's going on here....

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
And they so often spout about Pascal's Wager - well, apparently there are things you can lose by accepting the bet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users