Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Blogs] Soundbites for Defending Atheism

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Soundbites for Defending Atheism It can be difficult for atheists to explain their position and answer some common questions posed by religious theists. Part of the reason lies in the complicated natures of theology... http://atheism.about.../b/a/258797.htm

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,624 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This article features some great comebacks for those occasions when you are defending yourself against an attack from someone afflicted with religious beliefs.

I liked:

We are a Christian nation in the same sense that we are a white nation, and it no more justifies bigotry against non-Christians than it justifies bigotry against non-Whites.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

(e) [In answer to the question of why there is so much bigotry against Atheists.] The Pledge of Allegiance and the national motto teach bigotry against Atheists. They were passed during the McCarthy era to teach children that atheists are not true Americans, and they work.

Yeah, I mean, just listen to Bush Sr.  He's on the list:

http://adultthought....an_Taliban.html

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Broken Record.....
When disciplining children in school I occasionally sounded like a broken record. "No, you can't do this" "No, you can't do this". etc etc. I gave no argument...just repeated the rule or whatever. The kid finally got the picture(well not always.. :snork_lach: )

So sound bites are a good thing. We just have to say them like a broken record over and over again and not give an inch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users