Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FlatEarth Video - Rooster

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
http://www.youtube.com/v/SeO8Ucu-1Yo

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Thank you.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
It's time to bring home the survivors and leave Iraq to the people that live there.

Great job FE!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

It's time to bring home the survivors and leave Iraq to the people that live there.

Great job FE!

I liked the video too. I have Christian in-laws living there. While we think it was a mistake to go there, we are torn in having us leave.  We fear for their lives when the real fighting begins.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
She's got to be one of the geekiest ladies around! Cool avatar!

Did you notice Lady talking about folks she knew who did not know about using BCC lists in email?  I was impressed.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Thanks for that FE, I wish it could be seen by many many people, maybe it'd help keep us out of Iran. I worried as hell about it, knowing that Bush and the neocons are bound and determined to do just as they please. Insanity abounds in the halls of power.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Hey everyone, look at the avatar that Lady made for me! :Wink:  Thank you, Lady!

I am so glad you like it. I had fun making it. Posted Image Enjoy reading those fairy stories and myths.

She's got to be one of the geekiest ladies around! Cool avatar!

Did you notice Lady talking about folks she knew who did not know about using BCC lists in email?  I was impressed.

A geek....Posted Image

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
A "geek" used to be someone in the carnival who'd bite the heads off of live chickens, but I don't think it means that anymore, thank Hank!

:smt117

:smt080

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Posted Image
Alice in Chains - Rooster

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Alice in Chains - Rooster

The lyrics are the story of the guitarist's father, Jerry "Rooster" Cantrell, Sr, in Vietnam.  He spoke of the war to his son only once, and this song is the summary of his descriptions. 

I'll tell you what always tears me up.  It hit me again watching a re-run of Band Of Brothers.  I guess we do have a tendency to look at all soldiers as "Walkin' Tall Machine Gun Men", but I cannot imagine anything sadder than men in their 50's, 60's and 70's recalling events of their youth which are often portrayed as casually macho, manly, and virile, and seeing these poor men begin to cry - this shadow of horror remaining over their hearts 50 years later.  How terrible it must be for an old woman to hear her husband cry out in the middle of the night...calling out the name of a long dead fallen comrade.  Just terrible.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
It isn't the memories of war that haunt them / us. It's the little things that come back again and again. One of the worst nightmares I use to have was a little vietnamese girl, probably 4 or 5 holding on to a dolls head. The doll had no body but she had a small canned meat can stuffed over the dolls head as a helmet to protect her. This miserable little dolls head was that childs most valuable posession. It makes me sick to even think about it.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Another memory was when my friend who was a chaplain and a Rabbi was trying to comfort a wounded soldier and while he was speaking into the mans ear the man was shot in the head and his brains blew out through his ear into the Rabbis face. The Rabbi stopped, wiped his face off and covered the sodiers face with his helmet. He then slipped over to the next soldier lying in a stretcher and began to comfort him. That scene is burned into my brain as clear as the moment it happened. I have never met another man who could endure such a horrific event and never even miss a beat. I left the organization I worked for shortly after that and didn't go back to work again until Nam was lost. Shooting someone who is shooting at you is easy. It's a matter of survival and all the philosophical compassionate stuff inside you hitches a ride on th first BB that whistles past your ear. But seeing the result of someone elses inhumanity and cruelty? That never stops eating you.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
I know I could never endure such things in life. The media constantly says that we as teenagers, have become desensitized to violence, but I find it to be untrue. We, the next generation, would not be able to do it.

I read Hearts of Atlantis by Stephen King, a book, which has some focus on Vietnam and the deaths. I do not know of the horros seen, I can only hear of them, and it scares me. I don't see how some people keep composure.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
compartmentalization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users