Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How does TV programming work?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I noticed this morning that my favorite channel, (That would be the Discovery Channel) Doesn't really come on until 10:00am. Until then it is paid programming, typically some preacher blubbering and squealing about Jesus. How does that work? Is there anyone out here in cyberspace that understands why my Discovery Channel is selling air time to fanatics? I mean as long as Discovery is making a buck from these quacks that's fine with me. I am just curious to know how it works.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
[quote name='"The White Coyote"]I noticed this morning that my favorite channel' date=' (That would be the Discovery Channel) Doesn't really come on until 10:00am. Until then it is paid programming, typically some preacher blubbering and squealing about Jesus. How does that work? Is there anyone out here in cyberspace that understands why my Discovery Channel is selling air time to fanatics? I mean as long as Discovery is making a buck from these quacks that's fine with me. I am just curious to know how it works.[/quote']

In order for a TV channel or cable network to get the Big Bucks for commercial time, they need to be able to demonstrate that they can deliver the listeners in sufficient quantity for that program at that hour.

So, if a cable network has low audience numbers in the middle of the night they often either can't get enough money or can't even find interested advertisers at all. So they sell the entire time slot to health fraudsters or Jeebus fraudsters that attract people with weak minds or poor critical thinking skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users