Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Blogs] Holy Ashes, Batman!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Holy Ashes, Batman! http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0207/400762.html We've seen the Mormons ignoring the "Giggarish gold tablet inscriptions" and the "Indians-not-really-Jews" things and yet still believe the rest of the pablum they are fed. But Jesus' dead remains are a pretty good argument against the bodily ressurection to Heaven. Can it ever be proven, and what would it do?http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0207/400762.htmlFilmmakers and researchers on Monday unveiled two ancient stone boxes they said may have once contained the remains of Jesus and Mary Magdalene, but several scholars derided the claims made in a new documentary as unfounded and contradictory to basic Christian beliefs. "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," produced by Oscar-winning director James Cameron and scheduled to air March 4 on the Discovery Channel, argues that 10 small caskets discovered in 1980 in a Jerusalem suburb may have held the bones of Jesus and his family.One of the caskets even bears the title, "Judah, son of Jesus," hinting that Jesus may have had a son, according to the film."There's a definite sense that you have to pinch yourself," Cameron said Monday at a news conference. He told NBC'S "Today" show earlier that statisticians found "in the range of a couple of million to one" in favor of the documentary's conclusions about the caskets, or ossuaries.Simcha Jacobovici, the Toronto filmmaker who directed the film, said that a name on one of the ossuaries - "Mariamene" - offers evidence that the tomb is that of Jesus and his family. In early Christian texts, "Mariamene" is the name of Mary Magdalene, he said.The very fact that Jesus had an ossuary would contradict the Christian belief that he was resurrected and ascended to heaven. http://www.atheists....ly_ashes_batman

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Not to mention that the names on these boxes were as common in the time as John, George and Rick are today. The odds of anyone finding specific graves of any certain person other than royalty in the area are so remote that the film loses all credibility before it even is shown.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I'm a mythicist, but I'll be interested to see the evidence and evaluate it for myself. I hope I get a chance to see the documentary.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

mythicist

I bet you can't say that ten times in a row without screwing it up! :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
OK, let's see if I can:

mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist
mythicist

Ha! I did it!  [smilie=pimp.gif]

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I Th Th th th think you st st stu stu stuttered on the s s s sssixth one! :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users