Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another death in my family

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I just got off the phone with my mother. My stepfather passed away about a half hour ago. I'll be traveling back East again this week.

So this was my children's other grandfather, they've lost two grandfathers in one month. And my mother has lost a husband of nearly 40 years.

My stepfather, Tom, and I had a very difficult relationship in the 60's when I was a hippie peacenik fag draft refuser and he was a VFW alcoholic knee jerk reactionary, but that hatchet was buried many, many years ago.

In recent years he had suffered from several forms of cancer, diabetes, and severe depression. There is no doubt that he wanted to die, as he had been refusing treatment since a chronic hemorrhaging problem started a week ago.

We were planning a trip to Minnesota next weekend to attend the wedding of a young friend. I was really looking forward to a wedding instead of a funeral.

As Kurt Vonnegut says, so it goes.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I am sorry Steve. It seems as though this is a pattern with death. When someone dies in a family it is far too common for another to follow. I hope your Mom is okay, she will need your support and I am glad you are going back. My sympathies for you and your family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users