Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Jesus

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Guest_Fischer_*

Guest_Fischer_*
  • Guests
Everybody who walks the earth is destined to die at some point. It's a depressing thought, however it is nevertheless true. What happens then? Are we just obliterated or is there a life after this one? If there is eternal life, then the next life will be a lot longer than this one. If we win the genetic lottery here, we may live to be 100 years old. Most of us will live a shorter life than this. By comparison, the next life will last forever.

Bearing this in mind it is very important to consider how we live this life and to give some serious thought to the choices we make. Unless you subscribe to the notion that life is a random accident then you need to consider what you will say to your maker when you meet Him. The Bible says that we will all face judgement when we die. The Bible also says that all of us have done bad things in the eyes of God, we have all sinned. If we are to be held accountable for these things that we have done, then our eternal destination is going to be very unpleasant. We will not be able to tell God that we deserve to go into His heaven, because we don't deserve to go into His heaven.

God has made a way for us to avoid hell, which is where I deserve to go along with everyone else. He sent Jesus Christ to earth to live the perfect life that we couldn't live, pay for our sins with His suffering on the cross and to purchase a place in heaven for us. The way to receive the gift of eternal life is to do the following:

1. Trust Jesus to save you from your sins.
2. Accept Him as your Savior.
3. Make Him the Lord of your life (Giving Him control of your life).
4. Confess your sins to God (He knows them all anyway) and ask Him to forgive you of them.

These are not steps to be taken lightly. If you follow Jesus, it can't help but change your life. It will also make the next life a lot more enjoyable.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
[quote name='"Fischer"] If you follow Jesus' date=' it can't help but change your life. It will also make the next life a lot more enjoyable.[/quote']

Hello Fischer

This site is for atheists and other people who reject the authoritarian, judgmental, bad tempered, all-loving, merciful, vengeful deity that you imagine.

We are not inerested in hearing about Jesus, thank you, because we have already heard the story of Jesus and found it lacking.

There was nothing rude or abusive in your message, and I thank you for that, but please keep in mind that when it comes to the story of Jesus Christ, Son of God, Saviour of all planetary residents inside 100 million miles orbit around the star Sol, we DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

Ungodly

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Unless you subscribe to the notion that life is a random accident then you need to consider what you will say to your maker when you meet Him.

Okay so if we do think that then we don't have to consider it? That's alright then. :-)

God has made a way for us to avoid hell, which is where I deserve to go along with everyone else.

I actually think hypothetically you have a point. Humanity is capable of the most appalling things. We have done some truly, truly evil things and we continue to ignore our consciences on a regular basis even when we know better.

However: we were created by a perfect God. If he really thinks that the shit we do is worth damning us to ETERNAL pain, then he really shouldn't have created us in the first place. Clearly he thinks it is worth it, in the long run: for me it's a vital part of theism that God knows what he is doing. It's his responsibility, at the end of the day, since he made us as we are, flaws and free will. If God thinks it is worth it, why then would he then torture people for eternity just for using the flaws and free will he gave them and were part of his Plan?

If a program goes wrong because of an inherent design feature or flaw, it's not the PC's fault, it's the programmer. God will not throw us all on the great skip of eternity because his programming enabled us to commit evil. Clearly he feels it is all worth it: what about a little faith here, eh?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
In other words Fischer, stop the sermon.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

Unless you subscribe to the notion that life is a random accident...

Since nobody actually believes that, it doesn't sound like you have much of a point to make by assuming anyone does.

...then you need to consider what you will say to your maker when you meet Him.

This assumes that:

1. Humans require a maker.
2. The maker is a deity, e.g. a worshipped entity.
3. That the specific judeo-christian god Jehovah is said worshipped entity.
4. That your interpretation and ideas about him are correct.

That's a lot of assumptions to make in one breath.

God has made a way for us to avoid hell, which is where I deserve to go along with everyone else.

See what Jinny said. Also since when is death a matter of deserving?

He sent Jesus Christ to earth to live the perfect life that we couldn't live, pay for our sins with His suffering on the cross and to purchase a place in heaven for us.

Jesus was not perfect or sinless even by his own moral standards, or haven't you read the gospels?

Besides to assert that Jesus died for our sins makes about as much sense as saying that Elvis died for our sins. Jesus was tried and executed under Roman law for his own actions, not anyone else's. It's not like he was the only person crucified in that time.

The way to receive the gift of eternal life is to do the following:

1. Trust Jesus to save you from your sins.
2. Accept Him as your Savior.
3. Make Him the Lord of your life (Giving Him control of your life).
4. Confess your sins to God (He knows them all anyway) and ask Him to forgive you of them.

Jesus was at the most a great prophet, and at the least a deluded, fanatical, self-absorbed run-of-the-mill cult leader. He said a lot of nice things, not all of them original. In any case I find it far more pragmatic to learn from his teachings (and his mistakes) than to kiss his ass, especially considering that there is a difference between a student/teacher relationship and a slave/master relationship.

These are not steps to be taken lightly. If you follow Jesus, it can't help but change your life. It will also make the next life a lot more enjoyable.

In that case you should focus on what Jesus taught instead of how he got killed. Focusing on how he got killed has lead a lot of people to fight and die in his name, which considering his intentions, is highly ironic.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
If logic is spoken lucidly in a forest and nobody hears... did it really make sense? That about sums up my feeling about trying to speak sensibly with the fundies.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
You're right. Next time I'll just push him under a tree as it's falling.

If a tree falls in a forest, and it lands on a fundy, does anyone care? :)

Edit: Haha, I just realized that this site automatically gives all new members the title "New Atheist", including Fischer. Come on dude, admit it. You're not fooling anyone.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
If there is any way at all to get a person that is afflicted with religious beliefs to recognize that they have a problem, it might be by demonstrating to that person that their belief system is used, typically by others, to justify harm to non-believers.

Today, for example, is the fifth anniversary of a great victory of religion over reason. No sensible person that is unafflicted with religious beliefs would ever consider flying a plane full of innocent people into a building full of innocent people.

It is only through Fundamentalism, the burning desire to ignore reality in favor of hugely constructed fantasies, that people can be led to perform such an atrocity.

If a tree falls on a religion, is anyone harmed?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

It will also make the next life a lot more enjoyable.

Fuck that. I'm coming back as a lobster. I'm going to choke some fat fundy to death then sit back and watch as the fat hypocrite explains to God why he was porking down forbidden shellfish! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Khanaris

Khanaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I "followed" this poster from a hobby forum that I am a regular poster on. He registered a new account and pasted the exact same damn message on our forums in the serious discussion section.

http://forums.tauonl...p?topic=31944.0

He did the same thing on a half-dozen other forums. He is no better than an advertising bot.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts

Hello. I "followed" this poster from a hobby forum that I am a regular poster on. He registered a new account and pasted the exact same damn message on our forums in the serious discussion section.

He did the same thing on a half-dozen other forums. He is no better than an advertising bot.

Welcome Khanaris,

I hope you'll become a regular.

I guess he is out to save as many souls as possible. An exercise in futility by the uninformed using invalid means - yup, that's religion.

Khanaris

Khanaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It just really irritates me. We get pretty heated religion vs. atheism debates on our forums sometimes. Because we are just a hobby forum, we have members with a huge range of experiences (or lack thereof). I like arguing this issue with atheists and Christians alike, but I can't stand people throwing this kind of thing up in a discussion forum and then leaving, especially if they are doing it in a systematic manner. It's like scattering leaflets in the laundromat. I was wondering why he hadn't responded to any of the posts in the thread, so I googled a sentence out of his "sermon". And that is how you guys popped up, along with two video games pages, a general discussion forum, and a community college board.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
It's like they say, the worst part about being irritated by an inanimate object is that there's no rational way to get back at it.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I've been mucking about with the administrator features in this new software package, and I found to no great surprise that it offers filters that can be used to control offensive language. Now I don't care if you want to say fuck shit or piss. Expletives have a role in ordinary speech. But there are some words that I don't like, for example the J word for a fictional deity or the G word for his fictional daddy.

So I had some fun just now adding a few filters, and I noticed that it had a profound effect on the first post in this thread, no doubt a post made by a SPAM bot spreading The Good Word.

So scroll back to that post by Fischer and see if it does not amuse you too.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I have to admit, I like the reformed format of Fischer much better than the original. I think it still conveys the same message which is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
Yes, there is a certain blah, blah, blah quality to his droning, I agree.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I rarely read that kind of jibberish...I can't undertand it until somebody answers and explains it to me.  :snork_lach:

Fisher was concerned about the after life.  Reminded me of that old hymn In the Sweet Bye and Bye.  I guess most of us here are passionate about the here and now and not the bye and bye. 

I love your word censoring control. I did a few double takes before I realized what had happend.

IMAGINARY BEARDED SKY DADDY DAMN  this is fun!

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Jeebus was at the most a great prophet, and at the least a deluded, fanatical, self-absorbed run-of-the-mill cult leader.

*Ahem* Jesus was at the least completely imaginary. (You're slipping!)

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Everybody who walks the earth is destined to die at some point.

Hey everybody! A fact! The Law of Large Numbers comes through with a fact in this robopost!

[snip snip snip]

These are not steps to be taken lightly. If you follow Jeebus, it can't help but change your life. It will also make the next life a lot more enjoyable.

On that next life part, can i get some references? I'd like to interview maybe 3 people who are already enjoying the next life--after all, it would be foolish to make such a huge life decision based on just the sales pitch.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

*Ahem* Jeebus was at the least completely imaginary. (You're slipping!)

Hi Cousin Ricky,

You need a MY SWEET JESUS DOLL.

You need an avatar too.  :snork_lach: :snork_lach:    Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users