Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

US Military Officers Predict Vietnam Style Collapse in Vietraq

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,618 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
An elite team of officers advising the US commander, General David Petraeus, in Baghdad has concluded that they have six months to win the war in Iraq - or face a Vietnam-style collapse in political and public support that could force the military into a hasty retreat.

... The president is expecting progress. But they're thinking, what does he mean?
---

They sure as shit are not going to win anything, except the contest to see how many trillions of dollars can be funneled to Halliburton et al before the war crimes trials start.

Funny, wasn't it just 4 years ago that Vice President Darth Cheney took a break from collecting his million dollar a year pension from Halliburton long enough to exit his cave and say "Victory is right around the corner"?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
We are at war with terrorism, yet no one can find it on the map. How do you know if you have won?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,618 posts
Since terr'ism can not surrender, this war will only end when the US government ends.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
My old man was a decorated WWII vet who spent months in a POW camp. And even though he was a cruel and nasty SOB the one thing he understood was the futility of war. One thing he always said was "A country should never start a war if it couldn't finish it." And if you think about it, nearly every country who has started a war, has lost.

Lacy

Lacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationTexas
I'll give my thoughts on this subject around the end of May. For now, I have to keep my mouth shut (or in this case leave certain words untyped).

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,618 posts
Message received and understood Lacy. We hope to still be here in May, and we especially hope that you will be too.

Thank you for caring about your country.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I guess they're gonna have to retire another general soon. I wonder how many they'll have to go through before they find one that'll tell 'em they can win the "war" with a military solution?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

I'll give my thoughts on this subject around the end of May. For now, I have to keep my mouth shut (or in this case leave certain words untyped).

We understand. I worked for the government as an instructor and advisor for 20 years and I still get a bit nervous if I yell too loud from my soap box. I know that everything I write, type or e-mail has been snooped. Fortunately, my son-in-law works in the security division of Microsoft and he keeps my computer "Snooper Free"  Besides there's so many people bad mouthing the shrub on the web now it would take an army to snoop it all. Being active and in a complex (if you know what I mean) best for you to stay . . .  shall we say neutral. :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users