Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass insanity at EA?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
What the hell is going on over at EA? Has anyone been following the 15 Reasons...thread or the Too Many People...thread? Now, I realize there is a 50/50 chance that some of these guys are yanking my gear shift, but unless I am totally misreading some of the comments, a few of our esteemed brethren are actually endorsing some mechanical means of population control? Am I the only one reading that message in some of these comments?

Like I said, I realize most of these guys are probably just shooting their mouths and talking stupid, but I'm totally disgusted that we should even be having a discussion where people suggest population solutions that border on genocide.

They say be careful what you wish for..... truer words were never spoken. God, I miss Harry, Suzie and Straub. They were crazier than shithouse rats, but you expect that of trolls. But then all that crap with one member who quit and another who nearly got banned. Now these two or three horse's asses suggesting we should actively thin the population, and even deciding who should go!

We screwed up. We really did. We were so focused on Harry that we ended up banning the wrong trolls. I'll take Harry over about 6-8 "friendlies" without batting an eye.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
It certainly does seem strange to see people on a site where the domain name starts with Ethical talking about different ways undesirables might die.

Some people develop their socialization skills and ethics based on internal systems, sometimes called a conscience, while others behave properly only out of fear of retribution - thus following external sources for ethical standards.

Call me a whacked out librul loony if you like, but I believe that when a person derives their personal code of conduct based on their conscience, they tend naturally to be more compassionate and less inclined to impose their worldview on others.

On the other hand, if a person derives their ideas of right and wrong from external authoritarian sources, like Jeebustarianism for example, they are more likely to exhibit aggressive and selfish behaviors when they think they can get away with it.

Now for a worst case scenario, take a person who has only ever acted properly because of a fear of punishment from a vengeful, vindictive, judgmental and all-merciful Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy. Now just remove the Sky Daddy. With the fear of retribution gone suddenly attitudes and behaviors that were previously suppressed may rise to the surface.

These kinds of things may be involved in the threads over on EA.

People should realize and accept that they already know what is right and wrong, and they should speak and act accordingly.

We do so much harm to our societies with this authoritarian male hierarchy doG fiction, so muuch harm!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
And this is where we play directly into the fundie's hands. How many times have you heard "Well, without God's love (read vengeance), people would just reduce to anarchy without fear of having to answer for their actions"? And how many times have you heard, or even replied yourself, "No. If a person is good of heart, he or she does not need the threat of a vengeful Sky Santa."

Those two vile threads at EA are all the evidence that Suzie and Subzero will ever need to prove beyond doubt that we are just as full of shit as we accuse them of being. These morons at EA are just killing me, Steve. Stuff like this sets us back decades and keeps us looking like lunatic fringe.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
[quote name='"FlatEarth1024"]Those two vile threads at EA are all the evidence that Suzie and Subzero will ever need to prove beyond doubt that we are just as full of shit as we accuse them of being. These morons at EA are just killing me' date=' Steve. Stuff like this sets us back decades and keeps us looking like lunatic fringe.[/quote']

I think you are taking some folks too seriously. A nutter is a nutter, whether they are an atheist or a Jaheezian. So ignore the nutters, really. They do not represent you and they do not represent me.

Just as it is wrong to judge all Jaheezians by the actions of creeps like James Dobson, it is also wrong to suggest that whacko statements made by 2 or 3 atheists represent the ideas of all people not afflicted with religious beliefs.

I think you should go to one of my webstores and buy yourself a nice present. It does not have to cost much, just something to cheer you up.

Maybe you'd like some hot new men's panties?

Oh wait, I guess you'd say underwear.

No, seriously, lighten up. As long as there are human beings there will also be idiots. You can't change that. So accept it.

If the men's panties don't cut it for you, try some science fiction.

Or read my latest blog entry with photos about how I upgraded a brand new Mac mini a few days ago.

Don't let fools get you upset, make fun of them instead.

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I like it when there are stupid atheists too... it's good to be reminded that we are all, after all, merely human. ;-)

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

What the hell is going on over at EA? Has anyone been following the 15 Reasons...thread or the Too Many People...thread? Now, I realize there is a 50/50 chance that some of these guys are yanking my gear shift, but unless I am totally misreading some of the comments, a few of our esteemed brethren are actually endorsing some mechanical means of population control? Am I the only one reading that message in some of these comments?

Like I said, I realize most of these guys are probably just shooting their mouths and talking stupid, but I'm totally disgusted that we should even be having a discussion where people suggest population solutions that border on genocide.

Very shortly after I joined ChristianBurner.com's forum we had an atheist troll who said many of the same things, based on what you've just described. He believed that the world's population should be thinned by 95%, that everyone should be segregated by race, and that mixed race individuals were genetically inferior and should be euthanized. He worshipped Nietzsche, although he very blatantly misinterpreted his work in the same way Christian extremists misinterpret the bible, and said he admired Hitler for what he did. The only credit I can give him is that he was not a supremacist, because he applied the same standards to his own race as well.

In short his agenda was to segregate, annihilate, and weed out all undesirables. The other CB members all gave him hell for this. I was quite content to mock and satirize the material he posted. This kind of bullshit is based more on belief, conviction, and bigotry, than on any actual scientific evidence. Fortunately we had an actual scientist who was a member at the time, and he spent weeks knocking sense into this guy.

They say be careful what you wish for..... truer words were never spoken. God, I miss Harry, Suzie and Straub. They were crazier than shithouse rats, but you expect that of trolls. But then all that crap with one member who quit and another who nearly got banned. Now these two or three horse's asses suggesting we should actively thin the population, and even deciding who should go!

We screwed up. We really did. We were so focused on Harry that we ended up banning the wrong trolls. I'll take Harry over about 6-8 "friendlies" without batting an eye.

I quit for precisely the reasons you mentioned. I haven't been back at EA in weeks, so I haven't seen the threads. (In fact I went ahead and deleted it from my bookmarks because I have no intention of going back until the extremists are all banned.) Which members are you referring to specifically?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I think you are reading a lot into what people are saying. I read over the two topics and found some smart ass remarks and such but nothing any worse than the usual bullshit banter. We run into this problem again and again. Someone says something as a sarcasm or trying to be funny but it comes across wrong. I have done it myself. It's hard to "cipher" the written word sometimes.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Your probably right, TWC. But to be honest, even at its most juvenile and innocent, I still take offense to the casual way we kill off two thirds of the world's population just to make sure there is enough bacon to put on my double cheeseburgers for the foreseable future.

I don't find anything humerous or even tongue-in-cheek about starvation or genocidal rantings, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not in on the joke. Big mouth idiots the bunch of them.

Anyway, I'm done with that subject. Once the subject turned towards the whole white/minority thing and one member started getting all worked up, I checked out with the plan never to return to that particular thread.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Sometimes that's the best way to let a thread die. Just ignore it. There are many of us that have noticed an inwards turning on each other ever since the fundys were ousted. It seems we can't hold in our own anger and just have the need to vent. I am being very careful as I figure I am walking around with a big target on my back.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I am being very careful as I figure I am walking around with a big target on my back.

I don't think that's really true. In fact, if you'll allow me to offer some friendly, unsolicited advice...

Most of the people at EA don't even realize that you are technically not an atheist. If they do, it doesn't really register since you are usually on "their side" of most issues. But I would gently suggest that you not mention that fact as often as you do. If 99% of them are content to think of you as "one of us", why draw attention to the contrary? You've got your core group who know where you stand and what you believe in, and respect both your position and your honesty. Let everyone else remain blissfully unaware and not provide them a reason to turn their small-mindedness against you. Look at poor Ginny. Everytime somebody gets a bug up their bung...about anything...they turn on Ginny.

I'm not saying you should be untrue to or about yourself, but if you perceive a target on your back, the last thing you want to do is paint it on there yourself.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Advice always welcome here. There are so few things in this life that come without a commitment that anytime I get any advice I figure it's kinda like winning the lotto. :lol: I see what you mean and will think before I offer up myself as a sacrificial lamb, in my case more of an Ox. I still am walking softly though as I wouldn't put it past some of these people to go back in ancient threads and drag old dusty remarks up and make them an issue.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I have to say this. A large part of this may be due to the fact that EA himself rarely if ever shows up. As Prof said, one easily gets the impression that he despises his own site and having to look after it. It's highly ironic that EA once issued me a warning for linking to a site on household chemical hazards, yet he allows conspiracy theories, anti-religious bigotry, and now EUGENICS to go completely unchecked.

And yes, what these idiots are advocating is nothing short of eugenics, plain and simple. There is no scientific or sociological evidence whatsoever that it works, and as a method of population control it fails on so many levels. This is akin to reading "A Modest Proposal" and taking it literally instead of seeing the sarcasm for what it is. We currently have the technology to support a large population without damaging the environment, and we certainly have contraception available; the problem has been getting these things to the parts of the world where they are most needed. Slaughtering people or allowing them to die just because they're poor is pure unmitigated stupidity.

I also love that incredibly well thought out argument that we should make all poor people suffer just because the welfare system is abused in a few rare cases. Basic logic 101 - does the fallacy of hasty generalization mean anything to these nutcases?

For the record, groups like the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement are extremists, make no mistake about that. Their arguments are fundamentally flawed, and their agenda would most likely involve forcing everyone else to think as they do. As you might expect, I have a considerably low tolerance for idiots who try to force their beliefs on others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users