Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Two More Dumb Things

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Just a couple more examples of stupid stuff.  Don

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Then a man who was a city mayor or something?in Florida I think?will be fired because he was having a sex change?Now nobody wants incompetence in a city official,  but he wasn?t having a brain change.

In a patriarchal authoritarian social structure, anything that makes people uneasy, or challenges their concept of power structure and authority flow charts, becomes identified as Evil.

For example, most people are predominantly heterosexual.  People expect other people to be heterosexual too. This works out fine as long as everybody plays their role. Men are in charge, women know their place, and their place is to just take it and shut up about it!

Then along comes one male who is not heterosexual, and suddenly the simplistic, idiotic world view of the majority is challenged.  It's not convenient.   It makes the marching morons uncomfortable to think of someone that is different, because it upsets their cozy little world view in which everything is just as it is expected to be. Therefore queers are evil.

Transgender people are also evil as a corollary.  They make the intentionally brain dead masses uncomfortable.  Can I still tell Mike sexist jokes if he has surgery and becomes Michelle?  How can I go out bar hopping with Michelle the way I use to with Mike?  I'm sorry, this is inconvenient; therefore you are going to Hell.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I wanted to add more...

In the development of Dogma, the emotional attitudes and bias that underline the Dogma comes first. Then the Dogma is invented and custom tailored as required until it can be imposed, top-down, on the masses in order to assure the emotional comfort of the herd.  Whatever happens, they must never be forced to reconsider a position, that would be tantamount to flipflopping, and only people that examine the facts and modify their conclusions according to facts actually flipflop on an issue.  In order to be Dogmatic, they must never concede a single point.

Talk to a fundie moron about queers sometime.  They will insist that the definition of homosexuality is homosexual sexual activity.  They will not accept that a person could be homosexual and a virgin at the same time (and they certainly can) because that would be admitting the plainly obvious fact that homosexuality describes a state of being, not just a particular activity.

Those Christians who exhibit homophobic  behavior are not against homosexuality because it says so in the Bible.  This is self evident.  If their attitudes were really based on the bullshit crap in the Bible they would also be beating their children and killing people that wear cotton/poly blends.

The correct order of events is, people who happen to suffer from being Christian and who are also homophobes use the items they cherry pick from Christianity to justify the homophobia that already existed in the first place.  They do not actually condemn homosexuals because the Bible tells them to, they simply use the Bible to justify their pre-existing homophobia.

Homophobia is the cause, Focus on the Family is the effect.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Talk to a fundie moron about queers sometime.  They will insist that the definition of homosexuality is homosexual sexual activity.  They will not accept that a person could be homosexual and a virgin at the same time (and they certainly can) because that would be admitting the plainly obvious fact that homosexuality describes a state of being, not just a particular activity.

How very profound.  First person I ever knew of who was gay was a kid in our high school.  Surprisingly, there was not a lot of open hostility towards him.  I guess he was considered "harmless" enough...in a Nathan Lane sort of way I guess.  Anyhow, one day another kid asked him (in full smarmy, resentful tone) what "it was like" to...you know...do it.  This young man replied that he did not know, as he had not yet engaged in sexual contact.

Of course, the actual language of this exchange was a bit more colorful as you can imagine involving teenagers, but it really underscores Ungodly's point.  This young fellow didn't have to have sex with another male to realize who and what his feelings were telling him.  The act is the culmination of the feelings, not the other way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users