Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Darwin Fish: Ritual Aggression?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
An article posted on Atheist Revolution discusses a study published by a possibly Jeebustarian professor at the University of Georgia. In the article the professor says that persons displaying Darwin fish logos on their cars are practicing ritual aggression against their religiously-afflicted neighbors.

But the article does not indicate whether or not the persons displaying Jeebus fish are practicing organized stupidity, or suffering from mass hysteria.

What do you think of the Jeebus fish/Darwin fish wars?

Ripley

Ripley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am always annoyed when I see those fish.  I don't think displaying a Darwin fish is any different than displaying a jeebus fish.  What's the difference?  We are all annoying each other...what's new?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I had a real neat fish on my Toyota that said  "N-CHIPS" inside it and some asshole swiped it :Sad:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Well, that's par for the course.  The Darwin-fish is a form of aggression.  And I guess the original fish, the huge cross around the neck and this dipshit at every sporting event of the 70's and 80's is subtle and understated??????

Posted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
What I find funny is the fish symbol that is used by christians was another stolen pagan symbol. So it has in a certain way come full circle!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I saw an interesting T-shirt today that made me think. It said:

"There is no flag so big that it can cover up the deaths of millions of innocent people."

Coming from a warrior, this saying made me stop, look down, and say "The truth."

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I have a problem with the concept of national flags and other types of hallowed icons.

Once we attribute some special values to an icon, for example a flag, we then are in a position to be led to perform despicable actions in order to protect our cherished icon.  I might not be willing to go drop bombs on civilian populations in order to promote the world-wide dominance of US corporations, but gosh golly darn if it is necessary to protect The Flag maybe we should kill innocent foreigners that are somewhat slightly bronze-complected.

Whenever we create an icon we insert a layer of obfuscation between ourselves and the thing that the icon is intended to represent.

Stokely Carmichael was correct, a flag really is just a rag on a stick.

The same applies to fish symbols (Darwin or Jeebus varieties), crucifixes, stars of David, and every other stupid symbol for which humans have killed other humans.

I suppose I must be rather iconoclastic.

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
My girlfriends

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Hey, can pagans say that kristians are "ritually aggressing" against them since jeebus fish and crosses on churches are everywhere?

After all, the fish is a pagan fertility symbol , and the cross is a pagan symbol with the female part cut off the bottom (which is very telling of one of the foundations of kristianity: female subjugation).

Shall I get out the little violin for the poor oppressed kristians now? :smt088

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

What I find funny is the fish symbol that is used by christians was another stolen pagan symbol. So it has in a certain way come full circle!

I guess this is a case of the one thief saying to the other: "No fair! I stole it first!"

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Here's an interesting article at atheists.org about the Jesus fish:

True Origin of Christian "FISH" Symbol Might Outrage, Shock Jesus Worshippers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users