Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What have you purchased recently?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
What have you purchased recently that you love or hate?  Please share!

I just bought a new Canon digital camera.  Now I have to learn how to use the damn thing! 

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I just bought a bottle of booze, which I love and hate at the same time!  :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
My latest toy is a remote switch for use with my Canon camera.  I happen to have, by way of a gift, a Canon EOS 5D digital SLR.  I once bought a brand new car for about the same price as this camera.  It's one of the best you can get.  

The remote switch lets me take a photo without touching the camera, this is good for poor ligthing conditions that require long exposures.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Okay...this is so gay (OH NO!!! not that word!), I'm such a fag (NO!!! not that one too!!!)...

I am waiting impatiently (UPS tracking says tomorrow) for a pet stroller.  It looks just like a baby stroller, except  instead of a seat sling, it has a mesh screen enclosed housing.  I've been walking again and my cat loves to come with me, but I won't let her out due to the 614,371 ways a cat can die in Florida, so I've actually been carrying her during my walks, up to 2 miles.  Now, I can put her in the stroller and push it in front of me rather than having to carry her lead ass all over town!

Posted Image

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Okay...this is so gay (OH NO!!! not that word!), I'm such a fag (NO!!! not that one too!!!)...

Careful, Coulter the Revolting  :smt101 :smt107 [smilie=puking.gif] says you could be institutionalized for that!

Now, I can put her in the stroller and push it in front of me rather than having to carry her lead ass all over town!

Posted Image

How does your cat like it?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I have a friend who's into photography. I guess you'd say he specializes in portraits, of nude men. He has some very nice equipment, but he's having trouble finding enough models to keep afloat. He has a website,

http://www.geocities.com/boyleskboys/

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you humbly and with a smile... the creation and fruition of the first national touring male burlesque company in the history of the United States of America".

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
FlatEarth,

Think of all the poor starving crocodiles!

No, seriously that does sound pretty cool.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts

I have a friend who's into photography. I guess you'd say he specializes in portraits, of nude men. He has some very nice equipment, but he's having trouble finding enough models to keep afloat. He has a website,

http://www.geocities.com/boyleskboys/

Oh My.  Lions and tigers and bears!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Don't feel too bad storybook, I bought a Nikon D50 SLR a few months ago and I still haven't got the nerve to set it on manual. Just looking through the menus makes me nervous. What I do like about it that made me upgrade from a point and shoot is when you push the frigging button it takes the picture without that annoying hesitation of most digital pocket sized cameras. I do a lot of sports, animal and outdoor photography and I have a huge collection of pictures of blurs, tails and empty branches where birds were sitting. :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Set everything on full automatic and get use to the feel of it first. Many of the features on new cameras are not even used by most folks. Take it one step at a time and try only one setting at a time. See what develops and then go on. The Elph is a nice little snapper and it won't take long to learn the basics. The great thing about digital is you don't destroy thousands of miles of film and countless hours of developing to see what you did wrong. "Can I have an AMEN Ungodly?"

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
Amen brother. 

You don't need a doctorate in photography to use the fully automatic mode on a camera and it is often just as good as manually tweaking exposure and aperture.  As a matter of fact I call the fully automatic setting "PHD mode", for Push Here Dummy.  Present company is obviously excluded from any slur, of course.

Canon designs their own dedicated processor chips that are better than most available, although your Nikon D50 has an absolutely excellent reputation.

Nikon and Canon are certainly the 2 best brands of digital SLR these days.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
What I like most is the simple settings that can be changed quickly and actually give you the "best" aperture for the conditions. On my Nikon it's done with little pictures. "Museum (no flash, wide and slow" "Sports (wide and fast) and so on. It makes it very simple and the pics are good quality. I only wish I had the capability to manually set the pixel count. It has 3 good settings but I would like to experiment a little more.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I do a lot of sports, animal and outdoor photography and I have a huge collection of pictures of blurs, tails and empty branches where birds were sitting. :snork_lach:

Hey, maybe you can sell some of those as pictures of ghosts, or ectoplasm, or something. Remember, there's a sucker born every nanosecond!

[smilie=the_judge.gif]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users