Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Libby Guilty of Perjury, Darth Cheney Guilty of Treason

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
The jury in the Libby trial has found the former assistant to Darth Cheney guilty of perjury.

Since we now know that it was Darth Cheney who ordered this felony, is he not guilty of treason for exposing the identity of a US secret agent?

This crime certainly must take a back seat to the even greater international war crimes that Cheney inspired.  By entering into a secret conspiracy with Our Glorious Christian Leader, the Wolfowitz scum, former human Colin Powell and Co-Conspirator Rice; Darth Cheney and crew clearly and unequivocally violated article 6 of the Geneva Conventions quoted below.

Principle Vl
The crimes hereinafter set out are punishable as crimes under international law: (a) Crimes against peace: (i) Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances; ii) Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the acts mentioned under (i).

They should be arrested and sent to Guantanamo as enemy combatants to await trial.  They are, indeed, the enemies of the people.

How's that blood clot, Darth?

Lisa Simpson

Lisa Simpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I would bet that Libby is as far as this will go, although I think Cheney is guilty as hell for exposing Valerie Plame.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
Oh, well you are talking about what is really going to happen, while I was off in one of my elitist fantasies of justice actually being served.

I suspect you are correct.

Lisa Simpson

Lisa Simpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Bush has nothing to lose by pardoning Libby or Cheney if it should come to that. It's not like he has to worry about re-election, and there's no way Cheney could run and win for President himself.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
Bush and Cheney have killed far too many people to ever be prosecuted for their crimes.

Once you get up over a few thousand killed you become a national hero, only small time serial killers ever get arrested.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Or perhaps a more Hollywood-esque turn of events?

Mr Libby will decide to clear his conscience and reveal everything he knows to Federal investigators and expose the Administration for the scum that they are.  However, on the morning of the day he is to meet with representatives from the Attorney General's office, Mr Libby is discovered dead in his cell.  The official word will be that he hanged himself, but nobody will bother to explain how Mr Libby could hang himself with his wrists bound behind his back and why his face is covered with bruises consistent with blunt force trauma.  Mr Libby is buried quietly and Mr Chaney forbids further discussion of the subject, citing provisions of the Homeland Security Act, and the names Libby and Plame fade quietly into obscurity.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
Several hundred years later investigators exhume Libby's body and find DNA evidence under the deceased's fingernails linking Darth to the crime.  As a result, the Darth Cheney memorial statue that had been erected by grateful Iraqii citizens is decommissioned, and Pope Brutus the 15th cancels plans for the elevation of Darth Cheney as the patron saint of war profiteers.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Bush and Cheney have killed far too many people to ever be prosecuted for their crimes.

Once you get up over a few thousand killed you become a national hero, only small time serial killers ever get arrested.

Yeah, most people don't know that Vlad the Impaler is considered a national hero in Romania.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
I think this country is long overdue for a good old fashioned constitutional crisis, it could be cathartic.  I'd like to see a warrant issued for the arrest of Darth Cheney.

Is there any precedent for a Veep being arrested?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Not that I know of. I dream about Carl (Machiavelli) Rove being frog marched in chains from the WH. I'm not holding my breath for any of it, though.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
There you guys go again, living in La La Land. Does anyone really think that the shrub or his boss Cheney are going to suffer at all over any of this? C'mon kids, get a grip on reality. These bastards are so slippery they make eels look like flypaper.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
I can dream about it.  It's OK to dream.  It helps us set goals and such.  Sure, I know it ain't gonna happen, you are certainly correct, but still it's important sometimes to give voice to our concerns.

Like, I'm concerned that Darth Cheney is not being tortured at Guantanamo yet.  Ooops, did I say torture?  I must have meant being interviewed with saran wrap and a bucket of water.  It's good for blood clots, get's 'em circulating where they can do some good.

Waterboarding is not torture, I know this because the Vice President of Torture says so.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Ah hava dream!  :smt015

I don't wanna wake up!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
Still on the subject of Darth Cheney, there is an absolutely brilliant Scottish comedian who lives in San Francisco. I've spent some time watching his Youtube videos today, and thought I'd share this one from Mark Day:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Well worth the watch.  :Tounge:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users