Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Congressman coming out of Atheist closet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Lisa Simpson

Lisa Simpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I belong to the Secular Coalition for America and this arrived in inbox today:

This coming Monday, March 12 the Secular Coalition for America will make a historic announcement: a member of Congress has agreed to be identified with our community.

This ground-breaking release is the much-anticipated outcome of a recent contest we initiated to seek the identity of the highest level openly nontheistic elected official. The purpose of the contest was to explore visibility problems for nontheists in public service.

I'm excited, but I hope whoever it is, they are from a liberal part of the country.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
There is another thread on this subject too.  I predict that the congress critter involved has already decided not to run for re-election.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
No he must! It would be great, someone who is nationally saying he is an Atheist. Although you're probably right.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
I know I know double post.. but is there any information?

EDIT:

http://www.latimes.c...-home-headlines

here he is Californian and all.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Why aren't we hearing this on national news?  Maybe it has been but I haven't read or heard it.

(I wish it had been a Republican  :snork_lach: :snork_lach:)

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Now that would've been political suicide!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users