Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Blogs] Myth: Atheists Would Believe if they Knew God, Experience God's Love

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Myth: Atheists Would Believe if they Knew God, Experience God's Love Many myths which religious theists generally, and Christians in particular, hold about atheists depend on the assumption that atheists don't really understand religion. When it is pointed out that most... http://atheism.about.../b/a/258837.htm

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

When it is pointed out that most atheists used to be religious believers, people attempt to salvage their myths by arguing that the atheist was never a "real" believer. Christians, for example, will claim that no real Christian, having personally experienced God and Jesus, would ever leave Christianity.

That's like saying; "No one who has ever known the pleasure of eating a chicken fried steak would ever eat anything but chicken fried steak again."

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I've never driven a tractor-trailer, and I have no cousins in Alabama, so I would not know about chicken fried steak.

Just give me a burger. Hold the meat and bun.  Hold the mayo (eggs). 

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Just give me a burger. Hold the meat and bun.  Hold the mayo (eggs). 

So....that kind of limits your burger choices to what?  Either a Boca Burger or sucking ketchup out of the foil packets?  Not quite how they show it on the commercials.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Actually Boca Burgers contain a concentrated form of wheat protein called gluten. This is exactly what I must not eat. I'd be rolling on the floor in severe pain if I ate a Boca Burger.

I can eat these, and I love them too.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Tofu is definitely an acquired taste for us Westerners.  I still prefer it very firm.  These Tofu Burgers have a very chewy consistency, very much like a slightly overcooked omelette. They are completely unlike any other tofu product I've tried.

Your son's comment reflects what is definitely a majority opinion among Americans.

When we visit with my beloved sister and family in Sacratomato, my brother in law, a big time meat eater, likes to tease me about eating tofu.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I saw a Tofu once. I think Belle left it in the yard and I stepped in it! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
At least nobody here ever teases me  :smt071

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Wanna bet? :snork_lach:

Did anyone notice that The White Coyote now has over 100 Karma points? All that clean living and staying away from tofu I'd suspect! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Oh, and I think he has a smite too!  Beeyatch!  :roll:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
That wasn't there a few minutes ago. Seems mighty suspicious to me. One little tease about tofu and the next thing you know a smite. Well 2 can play that game! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
:Wink: Truce, how about we just agree I won. 

Mister 100 karma, woo hoo big shot.  They just like you better because you're not as mean as I am. Or as ugly. Or as old.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Okay, you win . . . but I still have more!!!!!!! :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hell, I was "born again", baptised, was on-fire-for-God, sang in the coir, preached a sermon, and read the whole Bible, so if there'd been a God to know, I'd've known him. Reading the Bible from cover to cover pretty much put an end to my faith in Big Daddy, Junior and the Spook. I'm no longer impressed with the Jew-on-a-stick fairy tale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users