Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Richard Dawkins

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I found a new site to visit.  Perhaps you already know about it.

RICHARD DAWKINS.  There is a lot to read and listen to.  There is a forum and a newsletter to come out soon.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Wow, what a coincidence!  I just ordered 2 tickets to see Richard Dawkins speak in Pasadena on October 28.  I'm very impressed with Mr Dawkins.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
You must tell what happens. Sadly, the closest one to me is Montreal which is still very far. I saw him on Colbert and thought he presented some good ideas and is a good public speaker.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Wow, what a coincidence!  I just ordered 2 tickets to see Richard Dawkins speak in Pasadena on October 28.  I'm very impressed with Mr Dawkins.

You must tell what happens..

Yes, really waiting for your comments etc.  There is so much to read and listen to on the Dawkins site that I almost forget to come to "Ain't no God"  :snork_lach:

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Just had a look at some of the hate-mail, and found this:

Hey! We can be friends but please take the time to read my notice.
To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from pious, devout, and God fearing patriotic American Christians that have been approved by the Lord Jesus Christ and /or his Father, God in Heaven. Or, if you can prove you are a member of the Republican Party and attend church at least once a week, subscribe to TBN or other Christian TV satellite hook-ups, and watch Fox News regularly you will be accepted on a trial basis.

If you would like to be added to His list of approved senders,
please fill out the short request form (see link below) and kindly remit a generous one time tithing of Republican proportions to my special Legal Defence Fund I set up for Rep. Tom Delay. Once Our Lord
approves you, and I receive an e-mail from my bank stating a deposit has been made your original message will go into my Inbox automatically! You
do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time
inconvenience and may the Lord answer all your prayers. He does mine! But I am one of His chosen favorites just gushing with juicy love for His recognition of me and my loyalty and unqualified submission and obedience.

OK, which one of you lot came up with this one? What a great way to make some dosh out of the gullible xia/repugnican sheep? Posted Image How much have you made so far?

:fi_lone_ranger:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Just had a look at some of the hate-mail, and found this:

Hey! We can be friends but please take the time to read my notice.
To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from pious, devout, and God fearing patriotic American Christians that have been approved by the Lord Jesus Christ and /or his Father, God in Heaven. Or, if you can prove you are a member of the Republican Party and attend church at least once a week, subscribe to TBN or other Christian TV satellite hook-ups, and watch Fox News regularly you will be accepted on a trial basis.

If you would like to be added to His list of approved senders,
please fill out the short request form (see link below) and kindly remit a generous one time tithing of Republican proportions to my special Legal Defence Fund I set up for Rep. Tom Delay. Once Our Lord
approves you, and I receive an e-mail from my bank stating a deposit has been made your original message will go into my Inbox automatically! You
do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time
inconvenience and may the Lord answer all your prayers. He does mine! But I am one of His chosen favorites just gushing with juicy love for His recognition of me and my loyalty and unqualified submission and obedience.

OK, which one of you lot came up with this one? What a great way to make some dosh out of the gullible xia/repugnican sheep? Posted Image How much have you made so far?

Seti has already applied and got his certificate. :snork_lach:

Posted Image

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Bggrorf, I don't look a bit like that!

Don't remember if this has been posted before: Dawkins video Enjoy!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Bggrorf, I don't look a bit like that!

Oh Sorry.

Posted Image

Thanks for the video. Enjoyed.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Posted Image 
Thank you - that's more like it.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

That video just about says it all, as far as how I would respond if asked about my views.  Interestingly enough, the original message of Christianity may not have been too different from what Dawkins says in that one, and you can still hear that message expoused in some of the more liberal Jewish denominations.  One should live a good life for its own sake, not to get some reward or avoid some punishment.

Many Christians nowadays however have turned their faith into more of a death-worshipping religion than that of the ancient Egyptians.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I couldn't find that this has been already posted, so here it is!

Penn Jilette Interviews Richard Dawkins

Enjoy!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Penn Jilette Interviews Richard Dawkins

Enjoy!

Wow! I certainly did enjoy that, thanks a lot for the link UB.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Read the first chapter of The God Delusion on-line! CLICK HERE

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I used to go to Sunday school and church every sunday until I went off to college.  A whole hour and half was devoted to listening to the gospel.
This past Sunday I was looking through the R Dawkins site and I found the video of one of his lectures at Kansas University.  Since that is my alma mater I decided to watch it.  Then I noticed it was an 90 minutes and wondered if I really wanted to take that much time.That is when I thought about the hour and a half I used to spend in church every Sunday years ago. And that decided it.

And what a wonderful 90 minutes it was.  It passed way too quickly.  I could have watched another 90 minutes and not noticed the time. The message was the same. I had read a similiar version on several of the RD pages.  I already knew what I was going to hear.  But it was the messenger that was so inspiring.  R Dawkins can speak and look so serious. Then all at once you realize the funniness of what he has said.
I know he is very intelligent and could talk way above my understanding.  But he explains things not..... simply.... but with simplicity.  He reduces the complexity of evolution etc and brings such clarity to it. Now it wasn't so clear that I could sit down and explain it to my neighbor, but I think I could at least hold my own if I found myself in a conversation about it.

So I am awaiting next Sunday and hope to find another 90 minutes of worthwhility.  Until then I will just have to tune into the simple simon stuff of the Ain't No God Forum.  :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Here's another interview with Prof. Dawkins, about his book "The God Delusion":

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators