Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The US Military Will NOT Be Firing on US Citizens

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
My dear friend UnBeliever, in another thread you said:

Our glorious Christian leader has signed a bill that allows the US militaqry to fire on American citizens, and I don't think the neocon theocrats intend to give up power in '08. I'm very worried.

As your friend, and someone who genuinely does care, I must tell you that you have not been making the most efficient use of your perfectly good mind in this particular case.

Our Glorious Christian Leader can sign all the bills it wants to sign, but we will not be seeing any US Soldiers firing at US Citizens.

The American people, including the ones in our military, do not hate other Americans nearly enough for this to happen.  Despite his best efforts at woman bashing, gay bashing, immigrant bashing, and poor people bashing, Our Glorious Christian Leader has not been able to drive enough wedges between us to create that much hatred.  Besides, who is starving?

I suggest you ignore wingnuts that make fantastic claims like this.  If civil war broke out in this country there would be millions of Repugnicans losing money.  His Repugnican owners and operators would never allow this kind of crap to even be considered, let alone acted on.

It's utterly preposterous.

And you can be completely certain that Our Glorious Christian Leader will not be in the White House for 5 more minutes than expected.  There'd be 30 million Americans with guns after his slimy little ass, and 30 million guns trumps Repugnican wingnuts every time.

Our military is there to defend our Constitution, not to protect a dumbass.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
:icon_r&r:REMEMBER KENT STATE! :icon_r&r:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Do you see any Teenagers rioting?  Kids today have too much money and too much food in their refrigerators to be rioting. And iPods too.

Kent State would never have happened if there had been no draft.  Those kids were responding to a real threat.
Me too.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I would never put anything past our government, (remember, I worked for them for 20 years) including gunning down civilians if they percieved a threat. This country is only a butterflys breath away from marshal law and another  small step into total anarchy. The young people are spoiled and yes they would probably not be involved so much, but right now it isn't the young that are dangerous. It is the right wing religious fanatics that pose the greatest threat to our country, and many of them are in positions of power. The only difference between Christians and Moslems is the Christians haven't got anyone to tell them their deaths will insure their position in heaven . . . yet.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
I want to help out, do my part when I can, but restrictions such as not being able to drive, and not living near a big city are some. I plan to go to any organized sit outs in Windsor when they arise, because I care... I guess some of us don't.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I heard that on the radio, on a progressive station, and I'm trying to find some confirmation. No luck yet, though.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Well, it still sounds a bit fantastic to me.  There just are not enough wingnuts in DC to pull this off.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I find merit in both Ungodly's and Coyote's points of view with one slight twist... I think that it may come to pass that, if anything, the US military may find itself in the MIDDLE of a civil war in this country rather than aligned with one side or the other.  I say this because I believe that the next civil war this country sees will in all likelihood involve civilian versus civilian. 

This administration has alienated the military and treated them with contempt, so I don't see the generalship falling into lockstep with orders to fire on the good citizens of Houston or Cincinnati.  However, it has cultivated a core of fundamentalist radicals who view those with liberal, humanist points of view as not just "them", but "THEM!", an opposition to be despised and loathed.  It is not difficult to see a faction of Republican Conservative Christians go off the deep end and breed an entire brigade of Eric Rudolphs, forming localized militia bent on preserving the "God-fearing Christian way of life this country was founded on."

It is definitely plausible that 'someone' will be firing on protesting Americans someday, but I don't believe it will be the military, and if it IS the military, it will be some True Believer company CO acting without endorsement from his superiors in an isolated incident.  I believe the military as a whole will be trying to stop civil war rather than causing it or acting as an invested combatant.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Well, OK, that sounds plausible.  I just hope this Uber-Jebus militia starts out by going after those gol darned Ho Mo Sexuals and there anti-Jebus agenda.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Hey...Thursday was a 15 hour workday and Friday I worked and spent all day on Old Mitt.  What did I miss?  Whats with all the smiting?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Oh you know that crazy Injun  :fi_lone_ranger:   He was, like, acting all weird and claiming people here think he is the greatest.  Well, you know how it is when hair cutting professionals inhale a little too much of those shaving cream vapors! :rebel_biggrin:

Then he was all, "Look at me, 100 karma, la de da".  So, I just had to smite him some  :snork_aber: to snap him back into reality.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Yeah that's true BUT, I only smited you (?) smoted (?) Smoot (?) Whatever . . one time. One of your other minions tagged on the other. :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Well, OK, Mister Popular with Everybody, be like that. See if I care.

Waaaaaaa.  :smt089

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
You will notice I now have 104. :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts

You will notice I now have 104. :snork_lach:

bitch

:Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Well, I gave you another karma point for being such a swell guy, Ungodly. Now you're at a whopping total of 7!

You're welcome. :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
only 97 more to go! :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users