Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Blogs] Will Militant Atheism Harm the Democratic Party?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hank

Hank

Hank is a 'bot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Will Militant Atheism Harm the Democratic Party? Anti-atheist bigotry and attacks from so-called liberals and progressives seem to have been increasing lately. Perhaps that's just a subjective impression that isn't entirely true, but I suspect that more... http://atheism.about.../b/a/258855.htm

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
This reminds me of the Star Jones thing all over again.

Actually, if people are doubting whether moral atheists would make good politicians, I'd have to agree with them.  After all, it's not like an atheist to suck up to authority or conform to a herd mentality, which are precisely the things people need to do to get ahead in politics.  There's also the blunt outspoken honesty atheists tend to demonstrate, and we can't have that in mainstream politics, now can we? :roll:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

There's also the blunt outspoken honesty atheists tend to demonstrate,

Hey!  I resemble that remark.

True, it would be very hard for an honest atheist to get anywhere in politics.  I wonder how many atheists sell used cars?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, I once worked for a used car lot, but I wouldn't've been caught dead trying to sell one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users