Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

about U.S presidents

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

alteredmind

alteredmind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
has the political party system always had a one term switch between republican presidents and democratic presidents or has there ever been a time where one democratic or republican president became president and when there term ended the next president was of the same political party as the previous president? Ive noticed since kennedy or since George bush senior that the following presidents afterwords were never of the same party. always was democrat, republican, democrat republican, democrat ect... is this just a coincidence or is there a reason the pattern is the same? is there a connection? If my memory serves me right George Carlin said that the peoples choice in choosing a president is an allusion and that they don't really have a choice. if there really isnt a choice then whats the point of voting? does voteing serve as a purpose just to distract the people from who is really in charge, like the wealthy 1 or 10%? am I wrong? was George Carlin wrong?

Edited by alteredmind, 09 October 2012 - 06:02 PM.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I found a very convenient page that relates to this topic. It seems we have had many cases when one party held the POTUS slot for several presidencies.

In some cases a VP became President because the sitting President died, was assassinated, or was forced to resign after being exposed as typical Republican slime.

Truman inherited the Presidency and was later elected President. The same holds true for Lyndon Baines Johnson.

George Carlin was wrong. It does make a difference who is elected President. Often one candidate may be slightly less evil, or likely to persecute fewer people.

Sometimes a President might be a moron with idiotic religious delusions and a penchant for starting wars of imperialist aggression based on a pack of lies. It's better to vote for a President who is not a moron, warmonger or faith based fool.

At least our current POTUS is not a moron or a fool.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Here is a summary:
  • George Washington, independent
  • John Adams, Federalist Party
  • Thomas Jefferson, Democratic-Republican Party
  • James Madison, Democratic-Republican Party (no party change)
  • James Monroe, Democratic-Republican Party (no party change)
  • John Quincy Adams, Democratic-Republican Party (no party change)
  • Andrew Jackson, Democratic Party
  • Martin Van Buren, Democratic Party (no party change)
  • William Henry Harrison, Whig Party
  • John Tyler, Whig Party (predecessor died in office)
  • James Polk, Democratic Party
  • Zachary Taylor, Whig Party
  • Millard Fillmore, Whig Party (predecessor died in office)
  • Franklin Pierce, Democratic Party
  • James Buchanan, Democratic Party (no party change)
  • Abraham Lincoln, Republican Party
  • Andrew Johnson, de facto Republican Party (predecessor died in office)
  • Ulysses Grant, Republican Party (no party change, de facto)
  • Rutherford Hayes, Republican Party (no party change)
  • James Garfield, Republican Party (no party change)
  • Chester Arthur, Republican Party (predecessor died in office)
  • Grover Cleveland, Democratic Party
  • Benjamin Harrison, Republican Party
  • Grover Cleveland, Democratic Party
  • William McKinley, Republican Party
  • Theodore Roosevelt, Republican Party (predecessor died in office)
  • William Howard Taft, Republican Party (no party change)
  • Woodrow Wilson, Democratic Party
  • Warren Harding, Republican Party
  • Calvin Coolidge, Republican Party (predecessor died in office)
  • Herbert Hoover, Republican Party (no party change)
  • Franklin Roosevelt, Democratic Party
  • Harry Truman, Democratic Party (predecessor died in office)
  • Dwight Eisenhower, Republican Party
  • John Kennedy, Democratic Party
  • Lyndon Johnson, Democratic Party (predecessor died in office)
  • Richard Nixon, Republican Party
  • Gerald Ford, Republican Party (predecessor resigned)
  • Jimmy Carter, Democratic Party
  • Ronald Reagan, Republican Party
  • George H. W. Bush, Republican Party (no party change)
  • Bill Clinton, Democratic Party
  • George W. Bush, Republican Party
  • Barack Obama, Democratic Party
The wall of six consecutive Republicans from Lincoln to Arthur is essentially the Civil War/Reconstruction period.

Edited by Cousin Ricky, 15 October 2012 - 03:57 PM.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

alteredmind

alteredmind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
ooops, forgot to factor in Regan, thanks for the link.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts

George Carlin was wrong. It does make a difference who is elected President. Often one candidate may be slightly less evil, or likely to persecute fewer people.

Sometimes a President might be a moron with idiotic religious delusions and a penchant for starting wars of imperialist aggression based on a pack of lies. It's better to vote for a President who is not a moron, warmonger or faith based fool.

At least our current POTUS is not a moron or a fool.

True, but our current POTUS sends drones to kill innocent Yemenis and Pakistanis, has had a sorry record on civil liberties since becoming POTUS, and is almost as beholden to the banks that purchased him as Mittens is to the banks that purchased Mittens. In the incumbent’s favor, he openly advocates health care for all, he opposes faith-based bigotry, he is not Mittens, and his wife is the best first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt.
  • deathislife likes this

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts
As I often say, the Democrats are up to 4% less evil than the Rethuglicans.

I too regret that the sitting POTUS is by all means a hawk.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts
Correction: James Garfield died in office, not Rutherford Hayes.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts
Wouldn’t this be cool?

45. Al Franken
46. Michelle Obama
47. Ellen DeGeneres
48. Hemant Mehta

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts
I could definitely go for Al and Michelle, but Ellen is not qualified to be POTUS, she is too nice.

Mr Mehta is brilliant, but the muggles would never tolerate him as a President. Plus he seems to compulsively tell the truth, a fatal flaw for a politician.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts

I could definitely go for Al and Michelle, but Ellen is not qualified to be POTUS, she is too nice.

Mr Mehta is brilliant, but the muggles would never tolerate him as a President. Plus he seems to compulsively tell the truth, a fatal flaw for a politician.

Still, wouldn’t it be nice?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts
Yes, it would be nice.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts

Wouldn’t this be cool?

45. Al Franken
46. Michelle Obama
47. Ellen DeGeneres
48. Hemant Mehta

Oops!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts

Oops!

We could substitute with Kamala Harris.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts

We could substitute with Kamala Harris.

I dunno; I have a wary eye on her. The Democratic Party old guard seems to like her, which is a red flag.

But you’re a lot closer to her than I am, and your endorsement means something to me. The best case scenario is that the DNC is using her the same way they use Bernie Sanders (as a disposable front to attract the progressive vote), then she turns out to be a real progressive, not just a front like Hillary or Barack or, sadly, Cory Booker.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts

I dunno; I have a wary eye on her. The Democratic Party old guard seems to like her, which is a red flag.

True, she is a corporatist I think, but liberal as well.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

I just read up on Kamala Harris, she sounds like a pretty decent choice and she's articulate and very well edumacated. What ! did we already give up on Oprah ? LOL only NOT funny

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

But you’re a lot closer to her than I am, and your endorsement means something to me. The best case scenario is that the DNC is using her the same way they use Bernie Sanders (as a disposable front to attract the progressive vote), then she turns out to be a real progressive, not just a front like Hillary or Barack or, sadly, Cory Booker.

I'm likely going to be too disgusted with corporate Dems to support Kamala Harris, and there are several reasons.  Hillary Clinton's biggest donors have already lined up behind her.  She failed to prosecute Steve Mnuchin for his legal misconduct, likely because he donated to her campaign in 2016.  She did have the sense at least to pander to progressives by cosponsoring Bernie's Medicare for All bill, but when she spoke about it, she sound like she was confessing to it rather than supporting it.

It also does not help that mainstream news sources have already been accusing critics of Kamala Harris of being racist or sexist.  Even when the criticisms are policy based, they immediately deflect to identity politics.  This is precisely the strategy that DIDN'T work for Hillary Clinton, and it does real harm to our political discourse when outlets like MSNBC attempt to disparage legitimate criticisms by smearing people as bigots.

I'm still going to be wary even if she does run as a progressive, because Obama did the same and then governed like a moderate Republican once he got into office.  I'm far more inclined to trust a candidate who has held progressive values for years and years, fought for those policies regardless of political cost, and continues to walk the walk every single day.

MAGA = More Americans Getting Assraped

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts

I've been very favorably impressed with Senator Harris since she was in the California state government.  Back in 2013 she was an outspoken defender of equal marriage rights at a time when it was a non-majority opinion nationwide.

I believe it was just days after Proposition H8 was passed that the mother fucking Jesus lawyers attacked our marriage. They asked the courts to nullify all existing same-sex marriages.  Ms Harris was an outspoken defender of our rights and even sent us a formal letter as a state official assuring us that she had our backs.  I won't soon forget that.

Yes, since she is a US Senator she definitely is a politician.  She's no messiah. She is sincerely interested in doing the right thing while at the same time she arguably suffers from no delusional belief systems that might confuse her about right and wrong.

I'm not tempted to hold out for perfection by rejecting her for this or that. When considered in toto I think she is a good person, and that does not apply to the majority of US Senators.

Finally by not being a Republican the Senator is eligible to receive my vote and has been receiving it all along.

I definitely would vote for her to be POTUS.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts

So, I hear Senator Diane Feinstein is up for re-election this year. I also hear that the Demoncrats will have a primary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users