Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gallup: LGBT Voters Could Swing Election

- - - - - election obama LGBT Gallup Poll Gays Republican

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
The widely respected Gallup polling organization has projected a scenario in which LGBT voters determine the outcome of the pending US election. Polls from various sources indicate a near tie as the date approaches, so it is within the realm of possibility that LGBT voters could make the difference.

A new report from the prestigious Gallup polling organizationhas suggested that overwhelming support in the LGBT community could be enough to win US President Barack Obama a second term in office.
The report, authored by Williams Institute Distinguished Scholar Gary J. Gates and Gallup Editor-in-chief Frank Newport finds that 71 percent of LGBT Americans who are registered voters support President Obama for re-election, while 22 percent support Mitt Romney.

story

Will we soon be hearing from Republican candidates how much they want to protect gay people from Christianity?

I don't think so either.

Still if the last 16 years of pious gay bashing were to cost the Republicans the election, I'd be at peace with that. In fact it might smell like justice. A lot like justice!

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,632 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

while 22 percent support Mitt Romney.

????? WTF?
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts

????? WTF?

These are people who place a higher value on stealing from the poor to give to the rich than they do on their own personal dignity.

They don't mind voting for a gay basher if they are willing to keep taxes low.

Now we know that gay people can be money grubbing assholes too, just like anybody else.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,772 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

These are people who place a higher value on stealing from the poor to give to the rich than they do on their own personal dignity.

They don't mind voting for a gay basher if they are willing to keep taxes low.

Now we know that gay people can be money grubbing assholes too, just like anybody else.

I remember a workmate who made himself some extra money by buying and selling old motorbikes. He was making only a few hundred dollars profit on each deal - it was hardly worth the effort - but it was enough to convince him that he was not so much a factory hand, but more of a businessman really.

By the time he had sold the third bike, he had left his working class roots behind him; his old union mates were now communists, and he joined the right wing political party because they were promising to lower taxes for businesses. Three hundred dollars on top of his wages and he thought he was a businessman!
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • LocationTexas

The widely respected Gallup polling organization has projected a scenario in which LGBT voters determine the outcome of the pending US election. Polls from various sources indicate a near tie as the date approaches, so it is within the realm of possibility that LGBT voters could make the difference.

Still if the last 16 years of pious gay bashing were to cost the Republicans the election, I'd be at peace with that. In fact it might smell like justice. A lot like justice!

Man, that really would be sweet and oh so just. I would love to see a little justice served on the GOP and their Christian cohorts.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts

Man, that really would be sweet and oh so just. I would love to see a little justice served on the GOP and their Christian cohorts.

I suppose every now and then a political party can get what they deserve. I've got Nelson Muntz standing by, waiting for the election results.

There are a lot of things voters need to be concerned about this election year. Gay rights is hardly the most important with our economy on the edge of a cliff and our climate wildly out of order.

Still, when he made his famous comment about gay marriage a few months ago Obama took a stand for fair play. If it helps him win the election it would seem an appropriate result.

For me, though, the sweet nectar of a Republican defeat could hardly be more rewarding. They sure as hell have it coming.

If the vast majority of American homos want to see the Republicans go down in flames it should be easy to understand why.
  • Great Ape likes this

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • LocationTexas

I suppose every now and then a political party can get what they deserve. I've got Nelson Muntz standing by, waiting for the election results.

Keep Muntz close. You will need him come election day. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: election, obama, LGBT, Gallup, Poll, Gays, Republican

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users