Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

About Ungodly's Absence

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
[color=blue]Oh Steve, it pains me to read your post!  I

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
All we can do is hope Steve returns.

Where would the world be without a 149-year-old man professor, who has taught so many so much of the world?

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I have been absent for a little while and the first thing I read is very distressing. I have to echo what Storybook says.
We always hear the bad things and not the good. There is no way everyone is going to agree.  Every time I read about injustices of this sort I think of you and your friend. Before I met you ... I still was on your side...but I only thought of a group of people. Now I think of individuals.

I agree with you about the top guy refusing to apologize. But who really expected him to?

I too spend a lot of time reading your web sites. You have so much more to say.
So rest up, cuss 'em all!!! TWICE !! We are behind you. Posted Image

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
I think you should look at what positive things have happened. Such as An (essentially) atheist congressman, the realization that bush's times are drawing to an end, and that everyone here loves you.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I assume Steve's talking about this assholy Pace guy.

"I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts... I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is OK to be immoral in any way."

The words "I believe" are the operative parts of that quote, meaning that what he believes to be immoral should not be condoned by society. I'm afraid that the coming tyranny will include the religious zealots' ideas of morality, and we should all get ready to get the hell out of Dodge, real soon. Most of us won't be able to do it in time, and will be dealt with as the Old Testament commands. We'll be rounded up like cattle, just like the jews were during WWII. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think the neocons are just going to go quietly into that good night when the next election puts a Democrat in the WH (that is, if they don't steal another election). I don't know exactly what they'll do, but do something terrible they surely will. I don't blame Steve a bit for getting out while the getting's good. I'm only waiting for the right time, myself, to head for the hills, literally.

If I don't encounter Steve again, I can be satisfied just knowing that I was privy to his wise council and his funny sense of humor. I do hope he'll see fit to let us know how things are going, though.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I intend to find a remote forrest, and bury myself in it as deeply as I can. I'm keeping an aye on current events so I'll hopefully be able to know when the time is right.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I intend to find a remote forrest, and bury myself in it as deeply as I can. I'm keeping an aye on current events so I'll hopefully be able to know when the time is right.

Not me.  That was my original plan, but I don't think so.  I've decided to go down swinging.  Fuquem.  They want to abuse me...I intend to give them a reason.  The time for slinking away like so many chastened dogs is gone.  Self preservation is the way of the coward, IMHO.  We owe it to the future to continue the fight, even at the expense of our own personal interests.  The time to grin and grab ankle is past.

You can all do what you want, and that includes Ungodly although I have implored him to reconsider.  I intend to continue to contribute what little I can for what little it's worth for what little it's noticed so that maybe someone will take my feeble efforts and expand upon them.  Forums like this are how we get heard...they are how we reach the future.  Tophat, how old are you...17?  I'm 42.  We would NEVER say hi passing on the street.  But here, we contribute what we have to one another and the group as a whole is strengthened.  Who is from California, Florida, Canada, Europe?  But here we are neighbors, sharing each other's homes and giving each other comfort and courage.

Maybe someday, the Pete Starks of the world can proudly represent, while the Peter Pace's of the world are met with derision.  If that day comes to pass, it will be in large part because of the efforts of people like us, who say the unpopular things and think the forbidden thoughts and apologize for neither.  I intend to be part of that world or crash and burn trying to help create it.  The days of sitting on my ass and worrying about how much trouble I might get into are over.

Run if you want to.  I used to be scared too.  Not anymore.  I'm too goddamned angry to be scared.  No!  I go down standing up.

Pearl Jam - Dissident
Spoiler

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Run if you want to.  I used to be scared too.  Not anymore.  I'm too goddamned angry to be scared.  No!  I go down standing up.

I liked your thoughts, FlatEarth, as I did all the others too. We all give each other courage and every post gives us new ideas and gives us pause to think. You are right about meeting people here that we would never even notice in the real world. Well, if you saw me you would say, "I better come to the rescue of that little old lady."Posted Image

Well, this little old lady still has some spunk even if it is just a few tra la las...
[center][b]

We're Gonna Post
Posted Image

We

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I think everyone here knows my background and knows that for me to back down from a fight would be worse than a "sin". But I also understand Steves frustration and his feelings of hopelessness about the given situation. I too implored him to reconsider and remember that there was a time he stood up to the government and refused to be drafted during the Viet Nam draft. He registered as a CO and stood his ground so I know deep down inside, he still has what it takes to fight the good fight. I am confident he will return.

As far as the comments made by both Unbeliever and FlatEarth, it is within each man or woman to know what is best for them. While some folks may wish to escape or find new ground, others may wish to stay and fight. That does not mean either one is right or wrong. When I was called up in the draft in 1970, I chose to join the Army rather than have the Army do with me what they wished. I hoped by joining up, I could have at least some control of my fate. At the same time my friend Steve chose to go CO and resist the draft. Both of us did what we felt was right for us. In the end, it all made no difference. We both ended up here as friends.

I, like FlatEarth will continue doing whatever I can to influence and if need be force equality in this country. I take the term "All men are created equal" very seriously. It doesn't say All men except, queers or niggers or injuns or democrats or catholics or cripples or women. It says ALL MEN ( that means mankind) are created EQUAL and I will remind anyone who forgets what that phrase means. But, just because I carry a big stick around doesn't mean that is the stance everyone should take. Decide where you stand, and stand.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Not me.  That was my original plan, but I don't think so.  I've decided to go down swinging.  Fuquem.

Forums like this are how we get heard...they are how we reach the future.  Tophat, how old are you...17?  I'm 42.  We would NEVER say hi passing on the street.  But here, we contribute what we have to one another and the group as a whole is strengthened.  Who is from California, Florida, Canada, Europe?  But here we are neighbors, sharing each other's homes and giving each other comfort and courage.

I have to agree with this. Take em down swinging. Never go without a fight!

Yes I am relatively young (16) and it is true we contribute here. This forum is the future.

Forums like this are the future. We get together, and discuss. And these can be used for good or bad. I've stumbled across Nazi boards and racists, but it shows the sign, and that sign is that we can get together in groups no matter what age or backstory, but only a common goal or interests.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
FlatEarth, can I just say that I LOVE your little sig picture... :snork_lach:

Eek, I get back from a vacation, and I find that some egomaniacal, half-baked twit in a position of power has gone and opened his enormously bloated mouth and spewed forth a load of homophobic garbage all over the media. Furthermore, I find that our lovely admin, a person of great intellect and one whom I highly respect, has finally had enough of this BS and is rightfully enraged at this latest attempt to pander to the lowest common denominator (fundies) of our society by slandering a large minority of the population, and almost shut the site down!

Peter Pace, go shove an ICBM where the sun don't shine, you pathetic little turd.

Okay, now that's out of the way, I came to the conclusion several years ago that those who aren't valiant about preserving their freedoms lose them. That sucks, and it isn't fair, but until nature weeds idiots out of the gene pool (because eugenics is generally frowned upon :smt003), we're stuck with dealing with people who are revolted and discomfitted by the presence of different lifestyles, sexualities, personalities, worldviews, etc. These people tend to lash out at said differences violently, and if no one fights back, the morons eventually get all the power, and then we're all screwed.

We've got to support each other, because otherwise, who've we got? I don't personally know any atheists in my life right now, and I like to come chat with you fine folks here to blow off steam and recharge my batteries.

Get mad, stay mad, and don't give those bastards an inch. I will not go quietly, I will scream, I will curse, I will embarrass and offend the living hell out of them, but they will not tread all over my rights or those of the powerless simply because they subscribe to a shared delusion that cripples rational thought and stifles true happiness.

I am done with politeness, and I am done with respecting their horrible little superstitions ("But, but, JEEBUS TOLD ME TO HATE GAYS. It's not homophobia, it's freedom of religion!").

Now I'm just PISSED. Although the mental image of Peter Pace waddling around with large ballistic artillery stuffed up his anal orifice does make me laugh. A lot. :smt077

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Nice rant Forcey! A good scream is good for the circulation! (Now, who said you could have a vacation?) I'm glad you are back though. At times like these we need to stick together and support each other and our fearless, albeit somewhat downtroden for the time, leader. Steve will be back. He just needs a hiatus for a bit.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Remind me to never get on The Force's bad side.....I love you Force.  Posted Image :Smiley:

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
This is the kind of utter stupidity we are fighting - a stupidity so utterly stupid it cannot even see how utterly stupid it is: STUPID HOMOPHOBIC SOUTHERN BAPTIST (is there any other kind?)

I particularly like this bit:
[quote]But Mr. Mohler said he was criticized even more strongly by supporters of gay rights, who were upset by his assertion that homosexuality would remain a sin even if it were biologically based, and by his support for possible medical treatment that could change an unborn child

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Which of these doesn't match?

A. WAR
B. FAMINE
C. DROUGHT
D. STARVATION
E. HOMELESSNESS
F. QUEERS

10 points will be awarded to all with the correct answer. Nothing will be awarded to the losers because they would be so stupid as to not recognize what a win would be so why bother? :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I always like when people answer my little ditties...so I will try. Not afraid to exhibit my  :snork_skep:

I am thinking all of the first 9 are man made or at least man has a finger in..  Man makes war. He can cause famine if he doesn't plant right etc. He may not cause drought directly but if he doesn't prepare for it with dams etc. he could be part of the problem. He causes starvation by not helping those or not raising adequate crops. Homelessness could be eliminated by man's caring about others. Queers or sexual orientation we know is caused by gods.

At  least give me A for effort.  :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Alright I'll give you the points even though your thoughts run much too deep for the question. You keep this up and your brain will frizzle! :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
First time I've been accused of that.  Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Peter Pace, go shove an ICBM where the sun don't shine, you pathetic little turd.

Young lady, if I was not already taken and substantially queer, you'd be the girl of my dreams.

Right on!!

All of you people, you are so fantastic it brings tears to my eyes.

So, I'm back, I wanted to take more time off, but I'm like a moth and this gang is flaming hot.  Not flaming in the sense of Elton John, more like a flame that burns bright and pure.

Look for a long essay type explanation of what I think happened this week in the next day or two.  For now I'm going to try to catch up on my reading here.

Thanks to FlatEarth and The White Coyote for persuading me not to be stupid, and thanks to ALL of you for your kind and compassionate words.

Like FlatEarth said, Fuq'em, I'm going down typing. 

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Peter Pace picked on a pack of pissed-off poufters, proselytizing pusillanimous pigs pretending to be pious, proving piss-ants pack no punch.

I think that pretty well tells the story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users