Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Geeks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I swiped this little GEEK test from Unbeliever's site.  :snork_lach:

TEST

Here is my score: Posted Image  :Sad: :Sad:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I haven't taken it yet, myself. I had intended to bring it here, but it seems there's more than one geek test on the web, so I was going to find the best one for here. Then Steve left, and I got kinda bummed, so I haven't gotten around to finding any more tests like this one. I'll get to it later, though. Glad you enjoyed this one, and I'll let you know my score after I see what it is.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

You are 41% geek

Solid, if unimaginative scoring. You probably know enough about computers to get by, though I bet you have to bluff a bit when it comes to talking to your kids/IT department. Pay a bit more attention when others are trying to help you and you might not be such a drain on everyone's time.

Well, not much geekiness here, I'm afraid!  :smt032

I'm more of a bookworm. I wonder if there's a bookworm test? I'll have to google! :study:

I'll bet I could get a better score if I'd lie on the test, maybe I'll try it sometime.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Ha! There is a bookworm test:

http://www.allthetes...stid=1113403151

Here's my result:

You are a major bookworm. Read some more and you might make it to ultimate yet. Good job on getting so many right.

You have correctly answered 10 of 15 questions.

The average of surfers gave 8.03 correct answers.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
You are a major bookworm. Read some more and you might make it to ultimate yet. Good job on getting so many right.

You have correctly answered 9 of 15 questions.

The average of surfers gave 8.03 correct answers.

Yes, I much prefer the book tests.  :Tounge:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
OK, I took the geek test, and a few of the expected geekish answers made me want to scream in agony.  Like "just finished a long Telnet session".  Aaaargh!  Telnet is for losers, it is the least secure terminal protocol in existence. Telnet sends passwords in plain text, preceded by the string "Password:" If you want bad people to get your password, Telnet is the terminal program for you.

Real geeks use SSH (Secure Shell) which sets up a completely encrypted session BEFORE the username and password are sent.  Real geeks block Telnet in their firewalls so that those who are dumb enough to try to use Telnet are prevented from making bad mistakes.  Try connecting to this server using Telnet, you'll never get a response.

As a further indication of who is geekish and who is not, the vacuum tube shown as the graphic on the survey page lloks like a 12AX7, which is a dual triode high gain low noise dual preamplifier often used in guitar amplifiers and ancient stereos.  But the bullet graphic used in the lists of answers, made to look like a vacuum tube socket, but it had no missing position where a pin did not exist, 9 piun subminiature vacuum tubes have such a spot so you can tell which way to insert them.

Sorry, I can only give the geek test 3 out of 5 stars.  A nice idea, but not designed by a real geek.  It was still fun, but Telnet, puhleeease!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
And there we have the final word from the ungodliest of geeks!  :smt024
:smt004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users