Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Born gay? Baptist preacher says "Maybe"!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
[b]Gay fetuses possible, Mohler says: Baptist leader backs prenatal treatment[b]

Babies could be born gay -- and Christians should support prenatal therapies to steer them toward heterosexuality if such therapies are ever developed, says Albert Mohler, the president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.

What he's saying is they should develop some kind of in utero "treatment" to make sure no more gay babies are born.

AAARRRGGG!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This article clearly does great harm to the Fundie community.  They must be shitting bricks to hear that an actual Fundamentalist has suggested that the conclusions of SCIENTIFIC studies could be true.

It's a slippery slope.  Once you admit one fact the door might not shut tight, and you might have to acknowledge that the basis of your bigotry is just plain old bigotry with no basis in fact at all.

Now about the idiotic idea of pre-natal treatment for being gay, to develop such a medical treatment would require scientific research that would be completely independent of the Old Testament.  It would require someone that actually thinks.  It is not going to happen.

All this guy did was drive a wedge into Fundie hate-based dogma.  I'd lend him a sledge hammer to drive it in further if I had one.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

It's a slippery slope.  Once you admit one fact the door might not shut tight, and you might have to acknowledge that the basis of your bigotry is just plain old bigotry with no basis in fact at all.

There are those who don't mind a bit admitting their bigotry. I recall watching a Daily Show segment recently about the Texas fellow who hates the idea of a Muslim mosque anywhere near his neighbohood. He started having pig races, etc. to insult the Mulims, but it turns out that they don't really mind swine, they just don't eat it. Anyway, the pig-racing bigot said that he'd been called a racist, but that he isn't a racist - but if they called him a bigot, that'd be more accurate.

BTW, welcome back Steve! I was hoping you wouldn't be gone for long. Peter Pace can pluck poultry, for all I care! It's hard to imagine a homophobe with the name "Peter".  :snork_blin:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts

BTW, welcome back Steve! I was hoping you wouldn't be gone for long. Peter Pace can pluck poultry, for all I care! It's hard to imagine a homophobe with the name "Peter".  :snork_blin:

General Pace may have been laying the groundwork for a post-military career in the Party of Jesus.  Maybe he was staking out his claim as a pro-hatred bigot.

In any case, the reaction from political leaders that are not Fundamentalists, although later than I had wished, finally did occur.

I suspect that Hillary Clinton needed to run the idea through a few focus groups and/or marketing analysts, but once she found out that she would not lose too many voters, she did say that she disagreed with the General.  I like decisive leadership that takes 3 days to respond to a yes or no question!   And it was so reassuring to know that my existence had not inconvenienced the Senator too much.

Barack Obama either said the same a few seconds later or a few seconds before Hillary, depending on which account one trusts.  By sheer coincidence I had just ordered a Barack Obama Tshirt before all of this fecal matter struck the room cooling apparatus.  Once he repudiated the General I wore the shirt.

There was another Tshirt I had ordered for my lovely husband, the intellectual in our house, and it became the basis of a blog entry this morning.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
This picture says it all...

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts

This picture says it all...

Very nice!

I added a comment for the poster who stated that America does not like fagits[sic](sick).

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I left a comment, too, couldn't help it! lol

I might start calling homophobe pseudopatriots "flaggots".

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts

I might start calling homophobe pseudopatriots "flaggots".

That's brilliant.  We should get that added to Wikipedia.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
So, by these dumbasses' twisted logic, if people are born gay, then it's not their fault, is it? It's Gawd's fault. So why would a loving merciful deity make someone a certain way, only to condemn them to eternal torment for being the way he made them? And why would these evil bastards want to tinker with fetuses (!) to make them not gay? Wouldn't that be admitting that their wonderful sky daddy isn't perfect? And why, oh why, can't these guys' heads just explode so society can be rid of their useless presence?

Not a single scientist worth his or her salt would even consider this kind of repulsive eugenics research. And no grant approval board would fund it. Funny, how fundies hate science so much until they find a way to potentially use it for their own bigoted ends.

For the record, there is no "gay gene" in the human genome, but rather many complex and still unknown factors underlying sexuality. In essence, I believe that if we could ever determine whether a fetus will be gay or not, fundies will make an exception to their "no abortion EVER!!!!11!!" rule and deem it okay to kill gay fetuses for jeebus. That's how much they hate homosexuals.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
It's okay to kill gay fetuses for jeebus!

I'm seeing a new bumper sticker here!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
Cure gay baby whales for Jesus?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Naw, we want to kill-em! Wipe-em out! Make sure them thar gays don't reproduce . . . ? Oh well kill-em all, let god sort-em out!  :smt071 :flower: :smt065

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, in Dade Co., Florida they'll probably just recycle the old stickers to say "Kill a queer blastocyst for Christ!"

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

[b]Gay fetuses possible, Mohler says: Baptist leader backs prenatal treatment[b]

Babies could be born gay -- and Christians should support prenatal therapies to steer them toward heterosexuality if such therapies are ever developed, says Albert Mohler, the president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.

What he's saying is they should develop some kind of in utero "treatment" to make sure no more gay babies are born.

AAARRRGGG!

Why, is Mohler afraid that he'll find himself sexually attracted to these babies otherwise?

Anyway, I don't know about wikipedia, since they tend to be very picky about articles involving derogatory slang words, hence their removal of the "Christ Psychosis" article that was written by the Raving Atheist community.  You might want to try Uncyclopedia, the parody site.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

General Pace may have been laying the groundwork for a post-military career in the Party of Jesus.  Maybe he was staking out his claim as a pro-hatred bigot.

Wow.  I didn't think of that one, but now that you mention it...yeah.  That heartfelt declaration certainly did have a "Yoo hoo!!!  Oh racists, bigots and religious zealots!  That's Pace, P-A-C-E, and I'm one of YOU!!!" twang about it, didn't it?  Sure...a few years go by, people start saying "What? Pace?  Homos?  Who?"  But the target audience says "Hell, I remember Ol' Petey!  Stood up to them faggy librul communist revolutionaries and didn't so much as blink!  Good man.  Damn good man!!!"

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
He sure nuff is a Good Old Boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users