Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Study Claims Papal Selection Influenced By Facial Appearance

- - - - - HRCC pope conclave cardinals election vatican catholic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

A study conducted at William and Mary College has led researchers to predict that Boston Cardinal O'Malley will be the next CEO of the world's leading provider of false religious claims.

The authors of the study suggest we are unconsciously influenced by facial appearance and perceived attractiveness, and by presenting subjects with photos of well known Cardinals they have concluded Cardinal O'Malley has the looks to get the job. 

cardinal_omalley.jpeg

It's reasonable to say he is a good looking man, and he is the only US Cardinal I've ever heard a good word about, he did crack down hard on pedophile priests in Boston and the practice of shielding them, according to some reports.

Still, I strongly suspect the large Board of Directors of HRCC meeting now in the make believe nation of let's pretend will be thinking about a lot more than just good looks.  They need somebody that can stop a ship from going under after it has already started sinking.  Let's hope they choose poorly.   Plus, a beard?  On a Pope?  It certainly would be a change of pace from Ex-Nazi Ratzi.

A study conducted by psychologists Jennifer A. Stevens and Peter M. Vishton predicts that American Cardinal Sean O'Malley, 69, the archbishop of Boston, will be selected as the next pope of the Roman Catholic Church when the conclave of cardinals meets in Rome later this month.

story

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,632 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Plus, a beard?  On a Pope?

Every Eastern Orthodox pope I've ever seen has a beard. The Catholic popes are the odd ones out.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
That's not the only thing that's odd about HRCC corporate executives, it might be the most benign though.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,772 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

The authors of the study suggest we are unconsciously influenced by facial appearance and perceived attractiveness, and by presenting subjects with photos of well known Cardinals they have concluded Cardinal O'Malley has the looks to get the job.

Is that influence supposed to UNconscious? I though it was up front for everyone: "That looks nice, I'll have that one."

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HRCC, pope, conclave, cardinals, election, vatican, catholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users