Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

~ A GOD A DAY ~

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Mythology is where gods go when they die.  I read that in the editorial by Sam Harris the other day and liked it. I thought also how I always enjoyed mythology. You knew the stories were make believe. They were fascinating and very satisfying to hear. There were villains and heroes beautiful goddesses or strange looking creatures. Most of the stories I remember reading were either the Greek/Roman or Scandinavian ones. Once in a while a story from Africa or American Indians would appear.

I found a little site and instead of referring you to it, I thought I would copy a little synopsis that I found and save you the time. PLUS it would give me something to post about.  :snork_lach:

From Oceanic Mythology my first goddess is : ABEGUWO Goddess of Rain.

The world is her lavatory. ABEGUWO lives in the sky, and whenever she needs to relieve herself she has no inhibitions about letting loose all over the planet.

She really should be called Abiguwee, or perhaps Abigupee. When she takes a pee it's time to get out your umbrella. This might sound a little unsavory, but if you think about it, it could be a lot worse.

Better to nice to her or she'll rain on your parade. And don't even think of challenging her to a pissing contest.
Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Let's hope nobody feed her any asparagus!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
So that's where all that water came for the Flood! I thought it was Bob, the Rain God, Maybe he's ABEGUWEE's brother?

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I will not be dissuaded from this project.
Posted Image

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, I figure there are enough gods around in various mythologies to keep you posting for a long time! Not that I'm complaining, mind you, we want you around forever and ever:snork_lach:

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

Let's hope nobody feed her any asparagus!

ROFLOL!!

My view of rain is forever changed.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
DAKUWANGA: A Shark God.

He was a seaside menace with a voracious appetite. There was no stopping him, until along came an Octopus God who slapped him about in no uncertain terms and forced him to behave.

Here is a picture or the Octopus God. I believe I would behave too.  :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
MMMMMmmmmm! Calamari! :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

FA-AHOTU: Flat-chested Goddess and wife of ATEA. Her deficiency in the boobs department caused much wailing when her baby sons attempted to feed.

As powdered babymilk had not yet been invented, her husband had to take on the role of mom. His chest was presumably bigger than hers.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I was over at godcheckerthis morning trying to ascertain which god you'd post today. Gotta say, I never even considered this one! So much for my psi quotient, huh?

:smt043

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I was over at godchecker this morning trying to ascertain which god you'd post today. Gotta say, I never even considered this one! So much for my psi quotient, huh?

:smt043

I liked the idea of having the god's mind on doing women's work :snork_lach: and get it off the women's chest.

(and you keep the little god checker site to yourself Posted Image  or else everybody's going to be running over there to grab a god.  But guess there's enough for several a piece. )

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

AGUNUA: Serpent God who rules over all.

He has a lovely bunch of coconuts as he resides in Coconut Heaven. The first coconut of the season from all Earthly plants should by rights be offered to him.

Posted Image

Must be where Belle gets her coconut shampoo.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
"Awapuhi Coconut Whitening Shampoo" Is available at all spoiled rotten nasty little bitch botiques.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Also known as TIKI-WANANGA

GODSTICKS: An amazing Godly gadget.

What you do is make a little effigy of your God on a pointy stick. Stick the point in the ground, and wrap string round the figure. If when you pray you feel your God is not paying enough attention, pull the end of the string to make your God give a bit of a twirl.

Neat eh? But careful not to make him dizzy.

You can wear it around your neck on a chain too.  :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I guess that's a wee bit better than wearing an ancient torture/murder device around your neck! Those Maori's were pretty cool, I think.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
No gods here on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. They are extra busy on these days. Posted Image

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

No gods here on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. They are extra busy on these days. Posted Image

Ain't No Gods? I guess we'll just have to make do without 'em!  :Wink:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Last weeks gods were from the Pacific.  This week the featured gods will be from Australia.

RAINBOW-SNAKE: Also known as ALMUDJ, KALSERU The Great Creator Serpent, in charge of Fertility, Growth and Refreshing Rain.

The RAINBOW-SNAKE is a bit of a mish-mash, with a kangaroo's head, a crocodile's tail and a python's body, all decorated with water lilies and waving tendrils.

In a perfect world...I'd be God!

Honorable mention goes to Posted Image Unbeliever.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hmm...seems a bit odd that a snake-god would have anything to do with fertility...
:Wink:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
[b]
DJANGGAWUL: Sexy Godsiblings of Creation.

There were two sisters and a brother, who emerged from the Underworld to set the world to rights. First they done good by creating the landscape of Australia and filling it with goodly things.

Then things went a little pear-shaped. The two sisters broke off pieces of their naughtiest bits to make sacred talismans. After that, legends based on hearsay abound and rebound and multiply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users