Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Terrorists have won.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
It's been awhile since I have flown and we are leaving next week for a weekend getaway. Being a sensible person I went to the airport security website and checked out all the regulations as to what a person may or may not bring aboard an aircraft. It is obvious to me that the terrorists have won on many fronts. All the silly rules about 3 ounce containers, a quart bag, take off your shoes, empty your pockets etc. etc. Clearly the terrorists have made air travel much more difficult and have cost the government millions of dollars for these "red herring" paranoid measures. The rule that really makes me want to chew rawhide is the medicine rule. All perscription medications must be in the original containers with the passengers name on the label.

WHY? Are they afraid I might carry a stash of hypertension meds on and force feed it to the crew? Maybe I might force the flight atendants to eat my arthiritis pills and they will be so pain free as to cause me or other passengers bodily harm. Clearly this rule is nothing more than an invasion of ones privacy. It's no ones business what perscriptions I take. Another Bush bullshit fiasco.

Why do I have to take off my sandals? Airports being the wonderful places they are, I really like the idea of having something between my bare feet and their filthy floors. Have you seen the clean up crews at airports? They are just one small step down from the homeland security geniuses.

And what is the point of showing a drivers license to one of these homeland security people? On any given Sunday, I could cruise down the streets of Seattle and get all the fake ID I needed to board a plane anywhere in the world and still have time for a latte and scone. What a crock of shit.

(I knew a guy who worked for Hanford Nuke power plant that had a picture of a purple gorrila (I think he was called grape ape) pasted over his own picture on his security badge. He wore it there for 3 years before he had to go get a new badge!

Anyway I just wanted to say that they have won, we are now shoeless, medicationless, no metal, no swiss army knived wimps walking barefoot through our own countries airports holding our 1 quart baggies of trial sized toothpaste and mouthwash showing our phony IDs to people whos only past experience was squirting special sauce on soggy french fries. They have won.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I've done a lot of flying in the last few years, and you sure are not exaggerating.  The bad guys have certainly made it much worse for all of us, and the DHS is basically a bunch of wankers.

I started wearing sandals when I fly hoping they would not make me take those off, but no luck.  My feet usually get cold on airplanes. They get cold all the time.  So now I wear my sneakers when I fly. 

It's more hassle than ever.  And the airports are so secure now that it would require a person of nearly average intelligence to slip through the system.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I knew the terrorists had won during the first Independence Day after 9/11. I wanted to get ready for the fireworks party by buying some libations at the local Rite Aid, but the whole shopping center was closed up tight as a drum, with guards posted at all the entrances to keep people out.

Fortunately, I don't ever need to fly anywhere, any more.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

The rule that really makes me want to chew rawhide is the medicine rule. All perscription medications must be in the original containers with the passengers name on the label.

Well, you know, some terrorist geezer may try to blow up a plane in mid-flight with his explosive nitroglycerin heart pills! You can never be too safe, right?

At least we've passed the stage of random strip searches, which were terrifying and humiliating to everyone who was unfortunate enough to be selected. And if you dared complain about the experience, you were chewed out as "unpatrotic" and told to suck it up, cause that's the price of freedom, doncha know.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Oh great! I woke up with a cold this moning so now along with all of my pills in the original containers, I'll have to take cough syrup and antihistamines with me. Shit! I'm gonna need another frigging suitcase just for my drugs! :drunken_smilie1:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

At least we've passed the stage of random strip searches, which were terrifying and humiliating to everyone who was unfortunate enough to be selected. And if you dared complain about the experience, you were chewed out as "unpatrotic" and told to suck it up, cause that's the price of freedom, doncha know.

I think I'd enjoy a good strip search, I actually enjoy taking off all my clothing in front of people. Too bad I never made a living at it, but strip searches hold no fear for me at all.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts

I actually enjoy taking off all my clothing in front of people.

I'm told that as a young child I once stripped naked and was walking around in our neighborhood that way until a neighbor called my mother and ratted me out.

More recently, having seen myself naked, I'm very reluctant to shed my clothes.  Mirrors have always been an inconvenient truth for me.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
[quote name='"Ungodly"]More recently' date=' having seen myself naked, I'm very reluctant to shed my clothes.  Mirrors have always been an inconvenient truth for me.[/quote']

Shall I call Al Gore up and let him know there's material for a sequel? :snork_lach:

"Full-Length Mirrors: An Inconvenient Truth 2"

"Stop the naked insanity-Before it's too late!!!TM

This film has not yet been, nor will it ever be, rated due to MPAA reviewers' eyes liquefying in their skulls accompanied by cries of "Oh, the humanity! Put some clothes on, for god's sake!"

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Hee hee, I guess I set that one up for you :-)

I have this one big surgical scar on my lower abdomen, and 4 smaller ones nearby, from a trip into the shop just about a year ago for some, how shall we say, body repair work.

Two of my internal systems had formed an invalid connection where the exhaust pipe crossed over the cooling system, and I was getting exhaust gas in my radiator, so to speak.  It was so gross, that's why I'm being metaphorical.

Anyway, it's not pretty, but the repair work was a complete success, so that's good.

I prolly still look better than Al Gore though.  He really filled out since his successful campaign to win the election for President in 2000.  I wish he had been more assertive and sent a couple thousand goons down to Florida like Our Glorious Christian Leader did.  Imagine how much different the world might be today if Our Glorious Christian Leader and his gang of thugs had not succeeded in stealing that election.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users