Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Learn How to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem

- - - - - pray prayer peace Jerusalem fail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,541 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

On biblegateway.com, I just saw an ad for the New York Times bestseller How to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, by Mike Evans.

Actually, I thought the Buybull already described the technique: simply get one or two of your friends to pray with you:

“Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.” —Matthew 18:19-20, NRSV

Presto, we have peace in Jerusalem! Uh... we do, don’t we?

If you need a whole book to explain why this doesn’t work how this works, and the book is a bestseller, and still there is no peace in Jerusalem, then maybe it doesn’t work.

• Ungodly likes this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

On biblegateway.com, I just saw an ad for the New York Times bestseller How to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, by Mike Evans.

Actually, I thought the Buybull already described the technique: simply get one or two of your friends to pray with you:

Presto, we have peace in Jerusalem! Uh... we do, don’t we?

If you need a whole book to explain why this doesn’t work how this works, and the book is a bestseller, and still there is no peace in Jerusalem, then maybe it doesn’t work.

Jerusalem?  "The City of Peace?"  We are thousands of years too late to bring in external reality, now.

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pray, prayer, peace, Jerusalem, fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users