Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lady's POWDER ROOM

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

To Storybook, The Force, Lisa, Lacy, Ginny the Squinny and other female oriented members.

[center][b]I love this little forum
It

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Are you looking for a gift for an atheist friend who just has everything?  I found this neat little calendar that has pictures of atheists and other info. It really will be a collector

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Lady, do you have a recording of "Lady's Powder Room"?  You have no link so I can hear your sweet voice.

OH, there isn't any music this time. Posted Image Just make up your own.  Just thought we needed a little room to talk girl talk..whatever that is. Posted Image

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Hmmm, I'm afraid that I like to have conversations about Labrador retrievers, biology and radical feminist theory, in that order. Not real good at the girl talk, though I can give it a shot.

Anyone else here own a dog? Or kitties? Got any advice for dealing with furry "siblings" who won't get along? :Wink:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Girl Talk is anything you define it as. :snork_lach:
Here is my son's golden a few years ago. They really groooowww. 

Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I feel I must lay down some rules about what will be allowed in the Powder Room. I have only 8 things that will be taboo. Anything else goes unless our landlord objects.  Posted Image

WHAT LADY DON'T ALLOW

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I'm so glad you opened this thread just for us girls Lady. Sometimes Rick forgets because I'm a Terrier that I am also a girl. I like frillys and foo foo sometimes too.

Last week I got a shampoo and haircut and it just feels so good to shed my winter coat. It's a great advantage having a keeper that is also a haircutter.

Belle

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Belle dear, so glad you stopped by. You are welcome anytime. It is so hard to find a good beauty salon these days.
I do walk the dog on occasion. Posted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

It is so hard to find a good beauty salon these days.

May I recommend "The Pampered Bitch" in Seattle. They use a delicious cocoanut shampoo and an organic flea dip is included!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Hi Storybook. I am thinking we need some precautions about those entering the Powder Room. Now I am not worried about those mentioned in the opening of the Powder Room. But there may be some trying to slip in.
So I am appointing  YOU to STRIP SEARCH everyone and anyone who looks a bit suspicious. Posted Image

I think I'd enjoy a good strip search, I actually enjoy taking off all my clothing in front of people. Too bad I never made a living at it, but strip searches hold no fear for me at all.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

So I am appointing  YOU to STRIP SEARCH everyone and anyone who looks a bit suspicious.

Just be sure to warn me before making anyone do the full monty so I have plenty of time to be far, far away. :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I have nothing to hide.

Belle

P.S. To Storybook: Ever notice you never see Cesar working with one of us Terriers? There's a reason for that. His methods work well for submissive and "I want to please you" type dogs, but Terriers are a cut above and we don't follow instructions from two leggeds very well.

Belle

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

I have nothing to hide.

Belle

P.S. To Storybook: Ever notice you never see Cesar working with one of us Terriers? There's a reason for that. His methods work well for submissive and "I want to please you" type dogs, but Terriers are a cut above and we don't follow instructions from two leggeds very well.

Belle

Yup, Duffy would usually "come," but he never obeyed any other commands unless he felt like it. Some breeds just genuinely don't care whether you approve of their behavior or not, they assume that they are the pack leaders and that's the end of the story. Then they just sulk for eternity if you try to dominate them.

It's kind of strange living with a dog now who is very attuned to my moods and tone of voice. I have to make sure I don't get mad and yell at the computer screen when I read something upsetting because Skye will just slink into the other room and hide, poor puppy. Duffy couldn't have cared less what I was doing, unless it involved food.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Some breeds just genuinely don't care whether you approve of their behavior or not, they assume that they are the pack leaders and that's the end of the story. Then they just sulk for eternity if you try to dominate them.

Try living with one of these:
Posted Image
:farao:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Seti, what a beautiful Afghan! Is that one yours?! The grooming bills must be horrendous. :geek:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
15 PIECES OF ADVICE TO BE PASSED ON TO YOUR MOM, YOUR DAUGHTERS OR
GRANDDAUGHTERS, NIECES, AUNTS, GIRLFRIENDS, ETC.

1. Don't imagine you can change a man - unless he's in diapers.
2. What do you do if your boyfriend walks out? You shut the door.
3. If they put a man on the moon - they should be able to put  them all up there.
4. Never let your man's mind wander - it's too little to be out  alone.
5. Go for the younger man. You might as well, they never mature anyway.
6. Men are all the same - they just have different faces, so that you can tell them apart.
7. Definition of a bachelor: a man who has missed the
opportunity to make some woman miserable.
8. Women don't make fools of men - most of them are the do-it-yourself types.
9. Best way to get a man to do something is to suggest he is too old for it.
10. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.
11. If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.
12. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years. Even in Biblical times, men wouldn't ask for
directions.
13. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him  checkbooks.
14. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes, it means that you laugh at his.
15. Sadly, all men are created equal.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I love my man. He is kind and holds me and keeps me safe. He gives me presents and always looks at me with a smile. He has never raised a hand to me in anger and would never allow anyone else to either.

How come you don't like men Lady?

Belle

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I just got this e-mail from my Daughter-in-law.

All hair removal methods have tricked us with their promises of easy, painless removal - The epilady,
scissors, razors, Nair and the wax.

My night began as any other normal weekday night. Come home fix dinner, played with the kids. I then had
the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours: Maybe I should pull the leg wax out
of the medicine cabinet. So I headed to the site of my demise; the bathroom. It was one of those cold
wax kits. No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips together in your hand and then they get
warm, you peel them apart and press it to your leg (or wherever else) and hair comes right off. No muss,
no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean I'm no girly girl but I am mechanically inclined enough that I can figure
it out.

*YA THINK!!!* So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each other stuck together. Instead of
rubbing them together, I get out the hair dryer and heat it to like, 1000 degrees.Cold wax my rear end (Oh
how this phrase haunts me!) I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and pull. OK so it
wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this! Hair removal no longer eludes me! I am She-
ra, fighter of all wayward body hair and smooth skin extraordinaire. With my next wax strip I move north.
After checking on the kids I sneak back into the bathroom, for the ultimate hair fighting championship. I
drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet. Using the same procedure I apply the wax strip across
the right side of my bikini line, covering the right half of my vagina and stretching down to the inside of my
butt cheek (Yes, it was a long strip) I inhale deeply and brace myself. RRRRIIIPPP!!!! I'm blind!!! Blinded
from pain!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Vision returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half of the strip.
S&%T!!! Another deep breath and RRRRRRRRIIPP. Everything is black and swirling... OK, back to
normal. I want to see my trophy -the wax covered strip that has caused me so much pain, with my hairy
pelt sticking to it. I want to revel in the glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip! There's
no hair on it! Where is the hair? WHERE IS THE WAX??? Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched
on the toilet. I see the hair. The hair that should be on the strip. I touch. I am touching wax! S&%T! I run
my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now covered in cold wax and matted hair.
Then I make the next BIG mistake...........remember my foot is still propped up on the toilet. I know I need
to do something. So I put my foot down. DAMN!!!!!!!! I hear the slamming of the cell door. Vagina? Sealed
shut. Butt?? Sealed shut. I penguin walk around the bathroom trying to figure out what to do and think to
myself...

Please don't let me get the urge to poop! My head may pop off. Hot water!! Hot water melts wax!! I'll run
the hottest water I can stand into the bathtub, get in, immerse the wax overedareas and the wax should
melt and I can gently wipe it off right???

*WRONG!!!!!!!* I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to torture prisoners of war or
sterilize surgical equipment - I sit. Now, the only thing worse that having your nether businesses glued
together is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of the tub. In scalding hot water.
Which, by the way, doesn't melt cold wax. So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub!! God bless the man
that convinced me I should have a phone in the bathroom!!!!! I call my friend thinking surely she's waxed
before and has some secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter... "So, my butt
and who-ha are stuck to the bottom of the tub! "There is a slight pause. She doesn't have a secret trick but
does try to hide the laughter from me. She wants to know exactly where the wax is located on
bottom....Are we talking cheeks or hole or what? She's laughing out loud by now...I can hear her. I give her
the rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box. YEAH!!!!! Right!! I should be the
joke of someone else's night. While we go through various solutions. I resort to scraping the wax off with
a razor. Nothing feels better then to have your girlie goodies covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the
tub in super hot water and then dry shaving the sticky wax off!! By now the brain is not working, dignity has
taken a major hike and I slip into glazed donut land. My friend is still talking with me and my hand reaches
towards the saving grace....the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax. What do I really have to
lose at this point. I rub some on and OH MY GOD!!!!!!! The scream probably woke the kids, scared the
dickens out of my friend, but I really don't care. IT WORKS!! It works!! I get a hearty congratulations from
my friend and she hangs up. I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my grief
and despair....................... THE HAIR IS STILL THERE............................ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
So I shaved it off. Heck, I'm numb at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair color.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

How come you don't like men Lady?
                                                        Belle

Ask a question to Lady and you are gonna get a song. :snork_lach:

THE MAN I LOVE

Still roflmao about the hair removal..

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Best way to get a man to do something is to suggest he is too old for it.

Don't agree with the rest o' the list (no offense, Lady, but I wouldn't want dudes posting that kind of stuff about women. Not to get uptight or anything, I know it was all in fun. :Tounge:), but this one is 100% true, as evidenced by witnessing interactions between my mom and dad. Whenever she needs him to do something, she makes a comment about how maybe they should just hire somebody, after all he's no spring chicken anymore. Bam! The chore gets done. :snork_lach:

That waxing story was just painful to read. Someday, I'm going to get up the nerve to not shave my legs. I have about 3 scars from wayward razors on my knees and ankles. I always come out of shaving bleeding from at least one cut. I won't touch waxing.

He has never raised a hand to me in anger and would never allow anyone else to either

Awww. You know Belle, when I was a little girl, about 9 years old, I actually attacked my dad because he was doing a biiiig no-no to our Westie, Duffy: He was spanking him. Poor Duffy was only a puppy, and hadn't been taken outside in time, so he peed on the floor. I actually shoved and kicked my dad away from Duffy, then picked him up and ran to my room and threatened to run away if he ever hit my dog again. He never did, but I got grounded for kicking him in the groin. To this day, my family members know that they will be in a world of hurt if they mistreat my dog. :snork_boes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users