Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ex-Gay Fraud Group Deprecated, Leader Admits Was Bullshit

- - - - - ex-gay Exodus fraud gay teens suicide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

The leader of the largest Ex-Gay Fraud business in the world, Exodus International, has wound down the group, admitted that he was always still gay, that nobody becomes ex-gay, but he still continues to advocate not having gay sex.

For years the Fundies tried to sell their private definition of ex-gay: a gay person not currently having gay sex.   But they went beyond that too, claiming that with help from an Invisible Sky Monster who was just waiting for an excuse to condemn them, gay people could cease feeling attracted to other men.

Now that the lying, duplicitous, deceitful, self-loathing turd has been forced to admit he was deceitful all along, he thinks everybody should just kiss, platonically of course, and forget.  Nobody is upset, right?

'Ex-gay' group says it's shutting down; leader apologizes for 'pain and hurt'

By Erin McClam, Staff Writer, NBC News

A Christian ministry that led the so-called ex-gay movement, which professes to rid people of their homosexuality, has announced that it will shut down, and its leader apologized extensively to gays for causing “pain and hurt.”

The ministry, Exodus International, was founded in 1976 and claims more than 200 branches, churches and counselors in the United States and Canada. It had insisted that people could overcome same-sex attraction through prayer and therapy.

Mainstream psychiatric and medical groups have said that the movement, also known as reparative therapy, is unfounded in science and can be harmful. The American Psychiatric Association said 15 years ago that it could cause depression, anxiety and self-depressive behavior in patients.

story

I think we should make him surrender Dorothy, then cut him a break.   Or maybe he could spend a few thousand hours going on a tour of stupid clubs around the country, telling the muggles in the pews that it was all a lie.  

I need to see a sincere effort to undo the harm he has done, except for the gay teens who have already committed suicide because they could not become ex-gay.  No need to apologize to those dead teenagers.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

No need to apologize to those dead teenagers.

I submit that he owes their families, big time.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts

The whole Jesus industry owes a lot of apologies, and in fairness it seems to be dawning on some of them.  

Great lip service lately.  I've seen tremendously open-minded discussions suggesting it might be OK to just let God keep hating the gays without so much persecution from his enforcement team.   Wow!   I seem to have progressed to being still evil, but able to be tolerated grudgingly.   That actually is an improvement.   And just with some Christians, certainly not all.

I have not heard of any Christian groups backing a California ballot initiative to overturn H8 yet.  Actions speak louder than words.

Exodus International did a touring dog and pony show, taking persons claiming to be formerly gay on tours of the big mega stupid clubs.  It was all lies, but it helped ease the cognitive dissonance of Christians who might otherwise not be so vicious to their neighbors by letting them dissemble their wrongdoings with claims that teh gays could be ex-gay if they would just let SuperJeebus into their hearts.

It has been documented that young people committed suicide after exposure to these destructive lies.

Now we see that US society has adopted the factual notion that homosexuality arises spontaneously in some young people, often reaching their own awareness at puberty.

This poses two problems for the hate subculture of the Jesus industry.

1. If homosexuality arises naturally in some individuals can we still blame Satan? (of course they can!)
  2. If homosexual persons have no control over their feelings can we still punish them? (of course they can!)

​Whew, that was close.   For a few seconds it looked like fundamentalists were going to be expected to recognize objective reality or behave like civilized people.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

So, Pope Francis isn't the only Christian who talks, then?

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts

So, Pope Francis isn't the only Christian who talks, then?

I see your point, these revelations apply to the One True Church as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ex-gay, Exodus, fraud, gay teens, suicide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users