Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Creation Science 101 by Roy Zimmerman

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
A while back my lovely husband and I attended a Skeptic Society conference at CalTech in Pasadena.  Roy Zimmerman appeared and we were thrilled with his performance, later buying a number of his CDs.

I highly recommend the sophisticated humor and biting sarcasm of this very talented man.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I highly recommend the sophisticated humor and biting sarcasm of this very talented man.

I was just passing by thinking to read posts since last visit and listened to this. Posted Image I loved it and will play it over and over again. Music just seems to get things right.  ( I do try  Posted Image )

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, that was pretty good, all right. I wonder if he's any kin to Robert Zimmerman?

I searched for him at youtube, and got this page:

http://www.youtube.c...n&search=Search

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
I've never heard it suggested that he was a Dylan family member, and Zimmerman is not a terribly uncommon name.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I just listened to a couple of really good ones - the one about Cheney was hilarious, and the one about Falwells' God was even funnier!  :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
I'm very glad other folks here like Roy Zimmerman too.  As it turns out, these videos of him performing were actually taken at the 2006 Skeptic Society Convention, so Terry and I were in the audience, and no doubt we can both be heard laughing with everybody else there.

Since folks here seem to like him, I've created a new page on my Atheist Fag blog with links to his videos as well as some by Mark Day.

Enjoy.  Feel free to send the URL to friends and family that you think might like it too.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I remember hearing that chickenhawk song on the local progressive radio station. It might be funny - and it is - but it also makes a serious point, as does all good political satire.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
OK, switching gears now over to Mark Day, here is one that nearly made me fall out of my chair, Burger King of the Jews

This video is especially recommended for any forum members that may live in the Great Northwest, because we know how much he loves cannibalistic rituals.

0Yuv_vP6pqw

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Ah, I've always liked an Irish accent! Oh, and Scottish ones, as well. I checked out his vids at myspace, he's pretty funny. I like the idea of "cherubs on a pogo stick"!  :snork_blin:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
I loved Zimmerman's "Jerry Falwell's God" video!  :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts

I loved Zimmerman's "Jerry Falwell's God" video!  :snork_lach:

He did that one when we saw him live, I loved it!

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
I thought Defenders of Marriage was pretty funny.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts

You have questions for God...
Good, he has answers for you.

Go to (LINK IMPROVED BY MODERATOR) www.godisfordummies.net
NOTE: Ungodly modified the link above by inserting the missing word "is". This will prevent the troll from gaining improved Google page rank from this post.

Think we can't prove God? Wanna bet? :snork_tanz:

I direct your attention to this thread, which contains a copy of the required terms for use of this system.  In the process of creating your account here, you agreed to abide by these terms.

Included in the required terms for use of this system is the following "You agree, and you indicate your agreement by creating an account or continuing to use this forum, that you will not post any messages suggesting that any Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy exists, or that people should pay any attention to persons afflicted with religious beliefs when they claim to be authorized to dictate the required behavior of others."

You also agreed "You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which promotes any religion or other fictitious cause."

Now if your username accidentally failed to include the word "is" then I can fix that for you, your new name would then be godisfordummies.

This forum does not exist for the purpose of arguing with people that are afflicted with religious beliefs.  It exists to ridicule and poke fun at religious beliefs, and as a safe haven for people that are not afflicted with religion.

This is your warning. Do not ever post any message on this forum suggesting that any Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy exists.

If, on the other hand, you share my opinion that the site to which you posted a link is both stupid and ugly, then I have simply misunderstood your first post.  In that case, welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users