Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cured nun holds Pope John Paul's key to sainthood

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
I CAN'T WAIT to read Ungodly's commentary on the news item below.  I need my daily dose of endorphins from laughing when I read it!

Do you think they'll end up making Pope John Paul a saint? 

http://www.playfuls....hn-Paul-II.html

French Nun Speaks Of "miracle" Healing Through John Paul II

"I was ill and now I am cured," French Catholic nun Sister Marie Simon-Pierre said Friday as she recounted how praying to the late Pope John Paul II helped cure her of Parkinson's disease in 2005.

"I am cured. It is the work of God through the intercession of John Paul II," the 46-year-old woman told journalists in the southern French city of Aix-en-Provence. "It is something very powerful, very difficult to put into words."

Sister Marie's recovery from the degenerative disorder of the central nervous system, for which no known cure exists, is to be described as a miracle that the late pope performed, two months after his death, and could be used as a basis for his eventual beatification.

On Sunday, an announcement to that effect is scheduled to be made in Sister Marie's diocese of Aix-en-Provence.

Sister Marie, who is a member of an order of nuns working in Catholic maternity hospitals, was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2002. She said Friday that her disease worsened after Pope John Paul II's death, on April 2, 2005.

She went on to say how she and her entire order then prayed for her continuously, using the late pope as an intermediary, and how she was suddenly cured on the night of June 2, two months after John Paul II died.

"It is up to the Church to make a declaration and to acknowledge that it is a miracle," Sister Marie said.

After John Paul II's death and at his funeral, many Catholics in St Peter's Square in Rome had called for him to be named a saint immediately, chanting the Latin phrase "santo subito."

The process of beatification is strictly regulated in the Roman Catholic Church. Proof of at least one miracle is required and investigated thoroughly by the church authorities.

Nearly all miracles are healings that occur after death, when sick people pray to the dead person to be cured of their affliction.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

"I was ill and now I am cured,"

This is obviously a false attribution fallacy.

Many, many years ago I was a TV repairman.  I worked for Sears, Roebuck and Company.  They sold very crappy televisions, so my job was very secure.  After many years I got so familiar with the limited range of models and the persistent design flaws that I could find a problem sometimes within seconds.  I was the only guy doing field service on TVs, so my customers got to know me.  And if a set broke down twice, they would see me twice.

Every now and then I'd run into a customer who asserted that since I had repaired their TV previously, I must have caused any other problems they had at a later date.  Now I was not allowed to tell my customers that they were idiots and they should shut up so I  could do my job.  Instead I developed a little true story that I would use in order to try to teach them that a correlation in time does not establish causation.

When my ex-wife was carrying our first child we bought our first house. It was a half of a duplex.  A very pleasant old Ukranian lady lived next door with her disabled adult son.

In the winter of 1976 it got amazingly cold in Coatesville PA, with an overnight low of 25 below zero fahrenheit on Christmas Eve.  It got so cold that the water service pipe into our house froze and cracked.

I hired a plumber to repair the pipe. The next day the old lady next door died.

This stupid fucking nun was cured by some dead boy raper in much the same way as my having our water service pipe repaired caused our neighbor to die.

As I used to explain to my customers, first one event occurred, then later another event occurred.  Correlation does not establish causation.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I think we can be absolutely certain they intend to make him a saint, they intended to all those years they were waiting for him to finally die.

In a way it reminds me of the buildup of lies that Our Glorious Christian Leader used to convince the sheeple of this country that Saddam Bin Laden was going to use model airplanes with a one-meter wingspan to nuke every kindergarten playground in Kansas, killing all of the innocent Christian children.

You knew it was horseshit right from the start, you knew they did not care if you knew it was horseshit, and you knew from the very start that it was going to be a war based on a pack of lies.

The stories of Saints, like wars, are based on a pack of lies.  We know they are going to declare him a saint, we know it is total bullshit, and they are going to do it anyway.

"Church and State
Greed and Hate
Two Baboons
In one Supreme Gorilla"
-- Aldous Huxley
Ape and Essence

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
Obviously this doctor would be working for Satan, possibly even part of the worldwide homo conspiracy.

The usual trick employed by the Church worldwide, or in politics here by the Party of Jesus, is to attack and discredit the person the person who dares tell the truth and ruin all the fun.  Of course sometimes the Party of Jesus gets revenge by attacking someone close to an enemy, like Valerie Plame, or Senator McCain's adopted daughter.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I think the way it works is that God is such a mean old all-loving bastard that you have better odds if you can get somebody he likes to "intercede" for you with the all-merciful God who sent his Son here so he could kill him in a vain attempt to persuade himself not to be such a judgmental kill-em-all spiteful bastard.

So, even though he killed His Son, who was he himself as well as a spook brother, he still can't wait for a chance to send people to Hell for such horrible crimes against humanity as out of wedlock sexual activity, and failure to eat Jesus.  You know, the bad stuff.

Wars are OK though, he often tells people to go kill all of this or that group of god-damn foreigners.  And then, of course, raping the women that survive and burning all of the babies.

I wonder if it is too late for us all to chip in to get God a super-psychiatrist?  Are there psychiatrists who specialize in treating Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddies?  One wonders.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Hmm. According to Wikipedia (I know, I'm too lazy to search PubMed for stuff):

The progression of symptoms in PD may take 20 years or more.

This nun may be experiencing perhaps a lapse in symptoms temporarily due to psychosomatic influence from her strong belief that the Pope cured her, although I have no clue if that can actually happen in PD progression. Unfortunately, if she does have it, symptoms will manifest again in the future, probably with a vengeance. Also, is she still taking medication for her symptoms?

Also, there are several diseases that are related to PD, and can lead to misdiagnosis of PD, because right now diagnosis of PD is still a little shady.

Essential tremor is commonly mistaken for PD

This poor lady wasn't "cured," she was either misdiagnosed or she "willed" her disease into a transient asymptomatic state through wishful thinking. Another chump for Jeebus. How sad.

Don't thank the doctors or researchers working on a real cure for PD or anything. We can't all be intermediaries for a god who won't heal the other tens of thousands suffering from this disease. I guess she was gawd's pwecious widdle snowflake, and everyone else can just go insane from slow-progressing dementia and die. Damn, this religion sucks.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts

Damn, this religion sucks.

Indeed it does, as do other religions as well.  I think it is in a person's best interests to maintain contact with reality as long as their physical and mental condition permis this.

I'm at increased risk for all sorts of neurological disorders as a result of having celiac disease.  I do not intend to let that stop me from ridiculing as many religions as possible, as often as possible, as long as I can still spell and type.

I once had an essential tremor problem that started the instant the San Jose cops kicked in the door on that mobile home and confirmed that my partner had offed himself. It was my very first diagnosed autoimmune disorder, Grave's Disease, and I was completely psycho, worse than I am now, for several months until they nuked my thyroid gland to hell. 

I just took one capsule containg a radioactive isotope of Iodine (I131) and I was cured, it was a miracle.  Or maybe it was the radiation.  At the present time my thyroid gland is no more functional than Our Glorious Christian Leader's conscience.  I take a pill every day, he kills people.  I guess you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Anyway, I'm not dead yet, apparently.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

It's all horseshit, IMO.[/color]

And YOUR OPINION is highly valued here.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users