Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cardinal Dolan: Church Has Been Caricatured As Anti-Gay

- - - - - Timothy Dolan HRCC cardinal New York City caricature anti-gay

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,705 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

If Saturday Night Live and/or Jon Stewart do not pick up this story I will be very surprised, it's red meat for comedians!

Speaking on the subject of equal marriage rights under civil law, a matter that is none of his fucking business in the first place, the top ranked Cardinal in the USA, Tim Dolan from NYC, has said the Roman Catholic Church is losing the fight because it's been "caricatured as anti-gay."

Somebody please help me up off the floor if I ever stop laughing.  Are you shitting me?

Who in their right mind could ever possibly get the idea that the Catholic Church is anti-gay, besides everyone?

Here is a link, have a good laugh.

timothy-dolan-me.jpg

re: is the Catholic Church anti-gay?

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

RIP Joe Bloe

RIP Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I wonder if he believes what he says, or is he just treating his audience with contempt?

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,705 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I wonder if he believes what he says, or is he just treating his audience with contempt?

Both, I'd say.  The ability of the human mind to embrace contradictory views simultaneously should never be underestimated.  It is very convenient for him to believe he is a swell guy, so he most likely does.

At the same time the contempt and disdain that HRCC corporate executives feel for their sheeple is often obvious by the way they issue edicts and absolute warnings with no discussion and no consideration for opposing views. This is hardly an attempt to establish dialogue with a peer, it's "Do this, that's an order."  Case in point, threats to cutoff the supply of Jesus Wafers to politicians who support women on birth control issues.  They often use extortion, ironically by threatening to withhold services with no intrinsic value but which the sheeple are conditioned to desire.  They never seem to mind exploiting the credulous nature of their sheeple.

Without sinister, power seeking behavior one seems unlikely to rise very high in HRCC.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Timothy Dolan, HRCC, cardinal, New York City, caricature, anti-gay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users