Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Redesign at Virgin Mary (again)

- - - - - virgin mary marian apparitions religious satire blog hosting redesign

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,187 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Retirement is supposed to be a time when we are free to pursue things we love to do.  I'm retired, and I love poking fun at religion, if possible in a clever or entertaining way.

My intended audience is skeptics and critical thinkers, folks like you, and I hope to either make you laugh or make a point.  Ideally make you laugh by making a point.

Back around 2007 I began blogging about reports of apparitions of a mythical virgin mother who was raped by an invisible alien deity and later gave birth to a demi-god.  Blah, blah, pray for us, blah, oh blessed...

Today I gave the site a long overdue makeover.  The site, where I blog about virgin mom sightings, is

Virgin Mary (again).

Live well and laugh long!

"Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them."

--Lao Tzu

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,256 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I can almost understand why Christians might regard a rare coincidence as a miracle, but I'm damned if I know how they can turn bird shit on a mirror into a message from God Almighty. I'd be more impressed if he gave us solutions to the Clay Mathematic Institute's Millenium Prize Problems.1

1: I know I use this example a lot, but it amuses me to think of all the messages god could be giving us and then compare them with the "Jesus on a piece of toast" messages that we actually get. :)

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,187 posts

He could tell us how to make a safe fusion electric power plant, hell he could freakin' make a thousand of them for us, and at least stop making climate changes more extreme.

We should ask his fictitious virgin mother to intervene on our behalf, you know what a momma's boy that Jesus is.

--Lao Tzu

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

He could tell us how to make a safe fusion electric power plant, hell he could freakin' make a thousand of them for us, and at least stop making climate changes more extreme.

We should ask his fictitious virgin mother to intervene on our behalf, you know what a momma's boy that Jesus is.

I know it's not your point -- but I can't imagine a fusion plant ever being safe enough to use.
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

alteredmind

alteredmind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

I know it's not your point -- but I can't imagine a fusion plant ever being safe enough to use.

hmm have you ever used a fusion plant in the pc civ game call to power?

Edited by alteredmind, 18 July 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Well, Ungodly is already making heavy use of a truly massive fusion plant, although I'll grant you too much exposure can cause skin damage or melanoma. Containment is expected to fail in about 5 billion years, but by then, we atheists will have found another planet. (The fundies will still be waiting for Jesus to save them, but that's their problem.)

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,187 posts

It's very reliable, except for stupid clouds.

--Lao Tzu

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

hmm have you ever used a fusion plant in the pc civ game call to power?

Never.
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,187 posts

Once more I have applied an all new layout to our website just for Catholics, Virgin Mary (again).

--Lao Tzu

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virgin mary, marian apparitions, religious satire, blog, hosting, redesign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users