Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Atheist greeting?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I was just thinking...Atheists don't have an 'official' way to greet each other or their visitors or to use as a signature line.

I mean, the Jews have 'SHALOM', the Muslims have 'AS-SALAAMU ALAIKUM', even Hindus have 'AAPKA SWAAGAT HAI'.  Some of your hardcore Catholics might occasionally whip out the old 'PAX TECUM' or 'PAX VOBISCUM' on you.

What do we, humble Atheists have?  I mean "S'happenin' mofugga?!" only goes so far and is so impersonal.  I think we need a greeting/farewell phrase to proudly identify ourselves.  Maybe we can get some suggestions going and see if one of these greetings catches on.  The only requirement is that it be a single word, two at most, and preferably something that rolls off the tongue.  Oh yeah...and it should be totally nonsensical.  That's the most important thing.

Who will start us off?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
"YA-YA"

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Friggin' Homo's

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
[quote name='"FlatEarth"]What do we' date=' humble Atheists have?  I mean "S'happenin' mofugga?!" only goes so far and is so impersonal. [/quote']

Hey, don't be dissin' on that refined and civilized greeting, now. I personally think it would go far in keeping religious nutters far, far away from us.

On the other hand, I vote for "NEE." It's short, it's simple, and has the added benefit of conferring the ability to force others to get shrubberies for you.

[quote author=TopHat link=topic=990.msg5527#msg5527 date=1175837006]
Friggin' Homo's
[/quote]

You know, this might actually attract the type of people we don't really wish to associate with... :snork_lach:

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Greetings and salutations.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
A Shrubbery?

I like Nee!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Ni!  has potential.  But if you choose that one, you better not change it.  I have no intention of walking around saying Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoom- boing- z'nourrrwringnmmm!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts
Or you could ask people what is their favorite color.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
HELL-O!  :Happy:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
or how about,  "Hell? . . NO!" :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Godless you!

Say it quick and it'll sound like that other thing people say when you sneeze.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
We could kneel down and draw that pagan fertility fish symbol in the sand to identify ourselves. :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,827 posts

We could kneel down and draw that pagan fertility fish symbol in the sand to identify ourselves. :snork_lach:

Good thought.  And only a pagan would be concerned about fertility in the first place.  All of the Abrahamic death cults are constantly going on about virginity, as if it were something to be aspired to, rather than the result of a regrettable lack of experience.

Fertility is a life positive trait, a very good thing.  Virginity is like having a bank account without a checkbook, it's all potential.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Virginity is like having a bank account without a checkbook, it's all potential.

I may have to quote that, sometime!  :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Remember the movie "Mars Attacks" where the martians made the "International sign of the donut" (drawing a circle in the air) as a greeting? That would be a good hello!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users