Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Easter Haircut

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
The following is a loose transcript of a convesation I had in my Barbershop today. This is an actual situation.

The Easter Haircut

Rick: Morning Padre!
Pastor: Good morning Rick how are you?
Rick:  Not bad, not bad. What else on such a beautiful day.
Pastor: Yes! It

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This is wonderful.  I hope you can cure some of these fine folks of their religious afflictions.

The Pastor sounds like a nice enough guy.  I hope it all works out.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Well I gave the Pastor a transcript and he decided that maybe my "Testimony" wasn't "appropriate" for the Easter service. (Imagine that) Maybe it was my "Nothing fails like prayer" reference or my "God can't heal external injuries" remarks that made it a bit dicey. Then again it could have been my comment about communion and cannabalism being the same thing that swayed his decision. Well, for whatever reason I will spend my Easter holiday in my shop replacing the light fixture and cleaning the floor.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Well done, you crazy injun!  I bet the pastor lays off the Jebus talk during his next hair cut.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

Well I gave the Pastor a transcript and he decided that maybe my "Testimony" wasn't "appropriate" for the Easter service.

Too bad, but I'm not surprised.  The Pastor wants to perpetuate myth and fairy tales within his church.

Maybe it was my "Nothing fails like prayer" reference or my "God can't heal external injuries" remarks that made it a bit dicey. Then again it could have been my comment about communion and cannabalism being the same thing that swayed his decision.

LOL!  All you said above is true in my mind.  I guess the Pastor only wants fiction in his church rather than truth.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Now let's not be too hard on the good Pastor. After all, tomorrows a big day with big collection plates to fill. :snork_lach:

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
It would have been interesting if he HAD let you speak to the church.

I myself am planning my sunday, making it a big event.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
That'll teach him to ask you for speeches!

I myself will be cramming sugar and calories down my throat in the form of jelly bellies, snickers eggs, and, of course, Cadbury cream eggs in order to sustain myself for the joy that is preparing a massive paper for publication. Whee. :snork_shot:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

cramming sugar and calories down my throat in the form of jelly bellies, snickers eggs, and, of course, Cadbury cream eggs

What? No Peeps? How can you get your sugar overdose without a few microwaved Peeps? (Only the yellow ones of course)

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

cramming sugar and calories down my throat in the form of jelly bellies, snickers eggs, and, of course, Cadbury cream eggs

What? No Peeps? How can you get your sugar overdose without a few microwaved Peeps? (Only the yellow ones of course)

Gaaaaaaaa.....Peeeeeeps. I don't view those things as edible food items. They do, however, make for insanely funny microwave stunts, as well as stupid frat boy party tricks which usually result in trips to the ER.

Remember to Please Peep responsibly. Don't Drink and Peep. Friends don't let friends drive while Peeped*.

*This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the National Committee for Responsible Peeping.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I spent the day reading Breaking the Spell: Religion as a natural Phenomenon. Haven't finished it yet, but it's fascinating as hell!

kellbing

kellbing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Let's see...what did I do easter sunday? Hmmm, I think it was absolutely nothing. No blood & body of christ for me, thanks.

Anyway, hi all. A couple of you might remember me from a little over a year ago (Hey, Coyote, cutie!). If not from here, then from EA. I'm finally back online and raring to kick some xtian butt. At least indirectly on the boards. I sure have missed it. I expect I will probably be posting fairly often if life doesn't get in the way too much.

See you soon.

Kellbing (AKA Otter)

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Welcome back Kellbing!!  Bash Christianity all you want, we'll join in and all have fun!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
MMMMmmmmmmmm! My little Otter! :smt057

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hi kellbing! Good to hear from you again, we've been having loads of fun, but now you're back we can really swing  :Happy:

kellbing

kellbing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Thanks for the wonderful welcomes! I'm currently borrowing my brother's wireless internet adapter, so I may not post as much now as I will when I buy my own. Hopefully that will be very soon.

I have a couple images I will post here. I created them way back when & think I posted them on EA. I thought I would share them here. Maybe you will appreciate them.

http://render2.snapf...|/of=50,590,436

http://render2.snapf...|/of=50,590,436

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users