Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boycott The Girl Scouts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,923 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

National pro-life groups have banded together to launch a boycott of the sales of Girl Scout cookies over the ties the organization has to the Planned Parenthood abortion business and how it has promoted pro-abortion groups and activists.

http://www.lifenews....-abortion-ties/

Do they really think the girl scouts should be boycotted or are they using the girl scouts' name to generate some free publicity instead of using their own money in a regular advertising campaign?

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,455 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

That's a good question.   They are certainly promoting intolerance, so I can believe it is a conservative group.

What the Girl Scouts actually do, it seems to me, is empower young women and demonstrate to them that they can and should be in control of their own lives.  I'd say it builds them up and makes them happier, as well as better citizens.

While the completely unaffiliated Boy Scouts have had issues in the past with intolerance, the Girl Scouts have always promoted tolerance, inclusion and respect for all people.

Plus they make the only cookies with an apparently legal substitute for crack cocaine, Thin Mints.   Before I knew that I should not eat wheat I certainly ate Girl Scout Cookies.

My reaction when I see Girl Scouts is to give them a donation and tell them to share a box of cookies with their family.  But of course I don't feel threatened by self empowered women.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

While the completely unaffiliated Boy Scouts have had issues in the past with intolerance, the Girl Scouts have always promoted tolerance, inclusion and respect for all people.

There are still issues in the present. While the BSA last year grudgingly admitted that boys of impeccable taste are not immoral simply because they are the way an infinitely moral sky monster made them, scout leaders are still restricted in whom they are permitted to love, and both boys and adults are still required worship an imaginary sky monster.

But Girl Scouts even allow membership for hideous satanic monster freaks of nature (otherwise known as transgender girls). I think I want some Girl Scout cookies now.

My reaction when I see Girl Scouts is to give them a donation and tell them to share a box of cookies with their family. But of course I don't feel threatened by self empowered women.

Aw, that's so sweet!

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Plus they make the only cookies with an apparently legal substitute for crack cocaine, Thin Mints.   Before I knew that I should not eat wheat I certainly ate Girl Scout Cookies.

My reaction when I see Girl Scouts is to give them a donation and tell them to share a box of cookies with their family.  But of course I don't feel threatened by self empowered women.

Girl Scouts now sells a gluten-free cookie. It’s called Toffee-tastic®. However, it contains dairy, so is not vegan.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,455 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Girl Scouts now sells a gluten-free cookie. It’s called Toffee-tastic®. However, it contains dairy, so is not vegan.

Steve's Rule Of What To Eat

If it's GF it might not be vegan
If it's vegan it might not be GF

If it's vegan and GF don't touch my food!

I'd like to point out that I've only halfway painted myself into this dietary corner. 

So it goes.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

As a former Fatso, I don't eat cookies, but I will now just give them a donation instead and no longer make a gesture as if I am warding off a Vampire.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users