Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advice needed about little girls. NOW!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Well part of it is sweet. The big ugly mudsucker (that would be me) aint so sweet.

Well, it sure looks like the "big ugly mudsucker" makes a great bed/pillow!  :snork_blin:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
You might also let her know about your anxiety, just tell her you're a bit nervous. I bet she'll understand.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I really liked the picture, White Coyote.

Somehow me thinks more folks in the forum than Coyote will be glad to have this ordeal over.  :snork_lach:

You've got me wringing my hands and gnashing my teeth. Don't dare take my blood pressure.  :Tounge:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

Somehow me thinks more folks in the forum than Coyote will be glad to have this ordeal over. 

You've got me wringing my hands and gnashing my teeth. Don't dare take my blood pressure.

Sorry.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Well for those of you who aren't offended by this "Ordeal" Thanks for your advice. Tomorrow is the big day and although I am still a bit nervous, I think we'll have fun. She's a gorgeous little girl and my biggest problem may be keeping all the tween boys away. My first stop may be the ballpark giftshop to buy a bat! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Yeah, fess up dude!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Well...the Mariners won big so at least the game itself was fun.  I figured that was the key.  As long as the game was good, the rest would take care of itself.  I can't wait to hear myself!

Posted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Alright I will admit I made a complete fool out of myself about this. We had a great day and my only regret is all the worrying I did beforehand. "Shortcake" is a beautiful little girl and she was better behaved than I would have ever expected. Whenever we were not within sight of each other we stayed in contact with my walkie-talkies and she stuck to me like glue all the rest of the time. It was kid appreciation day at the ballpark along with Jackie Robinson day and they were giving away all kinds of goodys. By the end of the day she had given away nearly all of her stash to other kids in the stands. Her generosity is overwhelming and she met a couple of guys her own age and they were having a ball trading baseball cards. Between innings they played that horrible YMCA song and she and her friends got a shot on the jumbotron TV screen while they danced! That was hilarious! I can't express my thanks to you all for calming me down and helping me through this. You really can't appreciate how frightening the anticipation was. I think this picture says it all. Thanks.

Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Cool!  I'm glad you had a good time.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Looks like y'all both had a blast, like we figured you would. I bet you're glad to have it in the past, though, so the anticipation is over. Now you can look forward to other outings with Shortcake, and not have to worry so much. 
:Happy:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Troubles are a lot like people - they grow bigger if you nurse them.
  ~Author Unknown

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Way to go, WC! In a few years, this kid is going to look back with fondness at the memories you guys shared and she'll be grateful to have had such a great mentor in her life!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Thanks guys. Really. It's hard for me to admit the fact that I fear no man on this earth but a little shrimp of a girl can turn me into a stammering,  babbling idiot. I hope it is a weakness I never get over though cuz it does put a smile on my face. :drunken_smilie1:

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
We all have out weaknesses.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
This is an e-mail I got from my little baseball buddy the day after the game.

thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much for takeing me to the mariners game it was so fun if i go to the next mariners game trust me ill try to earn some  money thank you alot from shortcake

Why not just slap me in the head with a baseball bat. I got all teary eyed and emotional. This little girl is ripping a part of my heart out that I thought was dead. You guys can't possibly imagine how I feel right now. It's almost as if I am seeing the world through a brand new set of eyes. It's painful, and frightening and yet it makes me feel warm inside.

How can I, a man who has trained the deadliest killers in the world, a man who can squeeze off a trigger without even missing a heartbeat, How can I be reduced to a blithering idiot by a whisper of a girl? Now I know why fate never allowed me to know my own daughter until my time with the agency was over. I couldn't have handled it. I am so glad I have you guys to listen to me babble about this. I realize you probably all think I am being silly but this is all new to me. It's frightening and fun at the same time.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
Sometimes people reverse roles as they get older.  Very stern, strong men can become more gentle while the sweetest women may become hardened.  Also, life is full of wonderful surprises.  Just go with it and enjoy these new emotions.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Well, Shortcake and I went to another Baseball game last night. A nice little triple A game in Tacoma, complete with a great little fireworks show afterwards. We had a ball! The ballpark has numerous inflatable slides and bouncy houses for the kids and we actually sent half the time with that. She met some other kids and we all sat and watched the fireworks from the grandstand. We really had a good time and I was much better this time. Thanks again guys for your advice and encouragement.
Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Just remember, when they start having lots and lots of fun, that;s when you start yelling at them because their room is a mess.

There's no use letting kids have fun if you don't ruin it all for them just when they start to enjoy themselves.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I don't think it's in me to yell at the little shrimp. Besides, one look in my office and I would be labeled as the biggest hypocrite the world has ever known. A clean room is the sign of a sick mind. :snork_lach:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

I don't think it's in me to yell at the little shrimp. Besides, one look in my office and I would be labeled as the biggest hypocrite the world has ever known. A clean room is the sign of a sick mind. :snork_lach:

I need to go to the ER, then. :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users