Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advice needed about little girls. NOW!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Every now and then I'll touch something on my desk and a whole heap of stuff will fall on the floor. At our house we call this a shit slide.  Usually there are expletives involved.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I typically have my shit arranged in piles according to date / importance / rarity. If it's important and rare then it's in the IR pile, dated and important, the DI pile and so on and so forth. I like to keep my chaos in order. If we have a "shit slide" then we just classify it as the SS pile. :snork_lach:

It's okay Forcey. You are young, you have plenty of time to learn the ways of the chaotic mass piling system.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I like to keep my desk cluttered to protect it from all the dust.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

I like to keep my desk cluttered to protect it from all the dust.

Sage wisdom my friend. Sage wisdom.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Plus, if you're at work a messy desk can be a life saver...

"Hey...got a minute?"
"For Crissakes!!!  Don't you see all this shit on my desk?!?!  Have some mercy, would ya?"
"Okay, okay...I'll ask someone else.  Sheesh!"

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I cleaned out a guys desk who retired after 35 years and in the file drawer there was a can of Coca-Cola way in the back. Nothing too unususal about that except it was a steel can where you actually needed a can opener to drink the contents. How many of you can remember that? I had it on my desk for a few months and some SOB stole it.  :smt093

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I remember buying bottles of Coca Cola from a vending machine for 5 cents.  These were the old reusable glass bottles.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I cleaned out a guys desk who retired after 35 years and in the file drawer there was a can of Coca-Cola way in the back. Nothing too unususal about that except it was a steel can where you actually needed a can opener to drink the contents. How many of you can remember that? I had it on my desk for a few months and some SOB stole it.  :smt093

Probably sold it on E-bay to a collector, made big bucks. Like a very old, rare wine, not to be drunk but makes a good converstion piece during the postprandial snifter of congnac.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Just another thank you to all the good folks here at ANG for their advice and encouragement. My little baseball buddy and I have gone to 5 games now and we always have a great time. She was doing the YMCA and got on the big screen and last Sunday she won a nights stay (for her folks) at a luxury hotel in Cour De lene Idaho at a contest in the ballpark. I call her my lucky charm.
[img width=600 height=450]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8348/dscn1536lm6.jpg[/img]
By thewhitecoyote at 2007-09-17

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
Great news!  I love to see children happy, and she is happy!

Cour d'Alene is a beautiful city, absolutely stunning.  And since she is a girl, no worries about Republican Senators either.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Yep she's a happy and fun little girl. It's such a shame that she has to grow up though. I am totally selfish in that it's not fair to me to just have found this joy so fricking late in my life. I am also very lucky that she has great parents who really think it's fantastic that we have so much fun together. I also have to boast a bit because last week as we were leaving for the game I said to her Mom, just out of habit, "Don't worry. I'll take good care of her." and her Mom responded. "Worry? With you? That's the only time I don't worry about her is when she is with you!" I have to admit, that really made me feel good.

It is so sad that this world is such a screwed up mess that it is an exceptional rarity that a man and a little girl can have a beautiful friendship. It literally makes me nearly weep when I think of how many men and little girls are, more or less forced by society to distance themselves from each other in order to not be seen as something unacceptable. I realize how lucky we are to have been able to form a friendship and have her parents not worry. This world needs an enema.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
What a pretty girl she is! 

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

What a pretty girl she is!

She is Story and she's really fun too. It gives me hope that there are bright beautiful kids out there that someday will hopefully fix the problems my generation created.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
It appears you no longer need anyone's advice about little girls.  :Smiley:  I hope you have many more adventures with your beautiful friend.

I retired from teaching 7-8 year olds.  Never regretted leaving teaching, but I do miss the recess time when I could visit with the kids in just a person to person way.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

Back on topic-- yes, WC is becoming an expert about little girls now.

You are so wrong! I am even more confused now then ever! I'm just not as afraid anymore. She did bring up a rather sensitive issue the other day and I was, shall we say, taken aback.

How can I say this? She is entering a new PERIOD in her life (if you get my drift) and it seems I am her sounding board about what's happening. I refer her back to her mother, who's doing a great job explaining the changes happening, but it seems somehow everything has to be run by me for confirmation. I know it seems so strange for her to talk with me about such personal issues but for some reason she has decided I am the Go-To guy. What can I do but listen and be honest.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
It's very obvious that you are a VIP in this girl's life.  I think she has chosen wisely, and you are getting as much as you are giving.  It's a good thing.

Next month I'll be walking down the aisle with my Smurf and then sitting down to watch the rest of the ceremony.  But she will always be the Smurfical Smurf to me.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

Next month I'll be walking down the aisle with my Smurf and then sitting down to watch the rest of the ceremony.  But she will always be the Smurfical Smurf to me.

Tell me more about this.  Who is Smurf?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
Smurf is my daughter, her real name is Gwen, but I still call her Smurf. She has the bluest blue Smurf blue eyes, like her mean old poppa.

Smurf is a Registered Nurse at a hospital in Massachusetts.  She is marrying a very nice guy who is even geekier than her mean old poppa.  We are footing the bill for her full American style wedding next month.

[img width=600 height=400]http://stevesphotos.org/Smurf-2004/PalmCanyon-022.JPG[/img]
Papa Smurf and Smurfical Smurf, 2004, Palm Canyon, Palm Springs

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Your daughter is a lucky gal and you are a lucky man. I never knew my daughter even existed until she was 18 years old. Too late to be Daddy by then so this may be as close as I get. Of course I have my grandaughter but she's still a bit too young for me to do much with.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
[img width=600 height=397]http://aintnogod.com/atheist/gallery/4_27_10_07_9_30_18.jpg[/img]

I recently entered this picture of my baseball buddy into a photo contest. As you can see, my little girl is turning into a beautiful young woman . . . and I hate it! I named the picture "The Beautiful One"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users