Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advice needed about little girls. NOW!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Well done!  Great photo, and she is a pretty girl.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
I like the picture!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
UPDATE: Sunday we went to "Gameworks" in Seattle and had a ball! She is one of the very few bright spots in my life. It just seems wrong that she has to grow up though. I know the day is coming when she won't want to hang around me anymore and my heart will break, but I am trying to just live in the moment and enjoy her company until then.

It is so hard for me to understand how I, a man virtually without fear, a trainer of killers, can turn into a big pile of mush by a little girls hug. Jesus, how I hate being so stupid when it comes to matters of the heart.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

I know the day is coming when she won't want to hang around me anymore

You could end up being a mentor to her throughout her life.  Enjoy the time you have with her now and let go of your worries about the future.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Thanks Story, you always say the right thing. :smt058

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts

She's even nice to me.  Not like some people :-)

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

Well.... Not always!  Hehe.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

She's even nice to me.  Not like some people

Well . . . There is no accounting for taste ya know?  :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
UPDATE; Yesterday my little friend came home from school early sick (?) She had called her Mom and asked if she could walk home. But instead of staying home, she spent the entire day with me in the shop. It wasn't long before I figured out the "sickness" was contrived or perhaps imagined and the actual purpose for skipping was just to spend the day with me. Now I am a stickler about that sort of thing as I believe a childs education is paramount to most everything, BUT, god damn if we didn't have a great day! We played games and drew pictures and played with a magnifying glass and talked and talked and talked. She swept up and ran the cash register and customers just love her. So now my question is this; Do I mention this to her Mom who believed her daughter was home ill all day and betray the trust of my little sweety? Or, do I just keep my mouth shut, try to emphasize how important school is and just let the day be our little secret? It is a dilema because even though school is very important, it was obvious to me that she felt the need for undivided attention which  (sucker that I am) I am a champion at. It is a matter of loyalty to her mother that trusts me with her most precious possesion and her daughter who also trusts me with keeping our secret. Shit!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Do I mention this to her Mom who believed her daughter was home ill all day and betray the trust of my little sweety? Or, do I just keep my mouth shut, try to emphasize how important school is and just let the day be our little secret?

You play both sides.  You deny all knowledge that she lied to her mom.  This keeps you off the old lady's shit list.  Then you keep the secret.  This keeps you in the good with the kid.  But then explain your conflict to her.  Make it clear in gentle but firm, no uncertain terms that lying to her mom is wrong, cutting class is harmful to her future, and that you cannot contribute to her doing wrong and the uncomfortable position it puts you in.  If she's a good kid, she will understand where you're coming from while being grateful that you didn't turn her in.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts

You play both sides.  You deny all knowledge that she lied to her mom.  This keeps you off the old lady's shit list.  Then you keep the secret.  This keeps you in the good with the kid.  But then explain your conflict to her.  Make it clear in gentle but firm, no uncertain terms that lying to her mom is wrong, cutting class is harmful to her future, and that you cannot contribute to her doing wrong and the uncomfortable position it puts you in.  If she's a good kid, she will understand where you're coming from while being grateful that you didn't turn her in.

Great advice, I agree.  This lets you act in place of her parent by being responsible, and it also reinforces the fact that she can trust you.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
[color=blue]Sigh.  WC, you rewarded your young friend

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I'm off the hook! She told her Mom herself so I don't have to sweat it. She actually does have a cold so it wasn't like a total lie, just an exagerated illness. Her Mom (a great gal) didn't get mad as long as she wasn't outside playing in the cold, which she wasn't. I talked to her today about it and she understood how it put me in a pickle so she agreed it wasn't a very good thing to do, BUT, then she turned right around and said that she really felt that she needed to be around me sometimes and yesterday was one of those times. I asked her why she felt that way and all she could say was, "cuz I love you."

Her Dad is a great guy but his job keeps him away from home so much that I think she is substituting me for the man in her life right now. She is at a critical and volatile age and I am the one constant unconditional loving man she has. And because I am next door, I am always available. It probably doesn't help that I am a sucker, turn into a pile of mush with an eye flutter and have all the dscipline of a wet noodle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users